We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland, with offices in Tallinn, Toronto and London.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 120,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over USD 200 million in assets under management, weekly volume of over USD 50 million, and over 3,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in…
We are looking for an Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks. You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances. Payments & bookkeeping is a large part of your day-to-day work. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, detail oriented, and able to work comfortably with numbers. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department.
Please note this is a fully remote role for a candidate who can be based anywhere in European timezone, not just in Tallinn.
What you might be doing:
- Monthly payments in traditional and crypto currencies
- Monthly bookkeeping for bank, credit card and crypto extraction
- Monthly, quarterly and annual closures for our all entities in collaboration with external accounting firms
- Monthly intercompany accounts reconciliation
- Establishment of various reports, tax returns, VAT statements etc..
- Reconciliation of accounts and analysis on a group level
- Participation in the annual closings and audits for all the entities of the group
- Help on various accounting tasks and administration work.
What you might look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- At least 2 years of accounting experience
- Demonstrate intermediate to advanced skills of VBA and/or Python coding is a must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with accounting software, if possible with Xero
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate effectively across the organization
- Fluent in English written and spoken is a must
- Thorough knowledge of general ledger accounting and account reconciliation
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently in a virtual, global organization
- Accounts payable experience is a plus
Why you should apply:
– Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
– Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
– CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
– We’ll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
– Flexible work hours
– Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
– Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.