At Paxos, we are creating the infrastructure for a new, open financial system – one that anyone can access and participate in, and that operates efficiently. There are billions of people in the world who are unbanked or underbanked, and trillions of dollars that are locked up because of the inefficiencies of the legacy system. We envision a new system that allows assets to move instantaneously, anywhere in the world – to unlock the potential of assets and people everywhere. Our customers include some of the biggest enterprises in the world like PayPal, Credit-Suisse and Binance, and together we are upgrading the global financial system using modern blockchain and crypto technology.
Paxos is looking for a high-performing VP of Marketing to lead our marketing efforts and help accelerate our exciting growth. We have multiple business lines in various states of maturity, so we are looking for a proven leader who has demonstrated success operating in a high-growth startup environment and introducing the world to new categories of enterprise products in financial technology or a similarly complex industry. Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing a high-performing marketing team, with particular strengths in product marketing and demand generation.
Key to this role is an ability to understand Paxos technology, expertly communicate its benefits and coach others to do the same. You’ll ensure that your tactics are creating impact through your creative, strategic and data-driven approach.
You’ll report to the COO and collaborate closely with other key leaders of Communications, Business Development, Product, Strategy and more.
What you’ll do:
- General responsibilities – Oversee all marketing efforts including growth programs, product marketing, content marketing, branding, website.
- Growth marketing – Help build sales channels, customer/market growth strategies, demand generation, customer retention and engagement.
- Product marketing – Oversee a team of product marketers across business lines, ensuring they are strategically aligned and equipped to conduct user research, competitive research, provide sales enablement, determine messaging/positioning.
- Partner collaboration – Interface with marketing counterparts of strategic partners to create joint marketing campaigns, case studies, etc.
- Cross-functional collaboration – Work closely with senior executives to ensure that the marketing function is aligned with the overall business strategy and goals. Interface with sales/BD, product, finance to develop comprehensive, successful go-to-market strategies. Collaborate with our Communications team for corporate marketing initiatives and press.
What you need to have:
- 12+ years of experience, specifically in B2B targeting enterprise clients
- 5+ years leading, managing, hiring, and developing a world-class marketing team
- Past experience creating new categories, bringing new products to market and quickly growing and scaling new brands
- Experience managing marketing programs in multiple business lines with different customer sets and objectives
- The ability to work with cross-functional executives in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to learn new concepts quickly and communicate them clearly
- An approach that includes strategic thinking as well as excellent execution
- Proven frameworks for approaching demand generation, ABM, competitive positioning, sales enablement