CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world’s largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
As part of the CoinGecko engineering team. You will be part of the team that :
- Solves unique and large scale technical problems.
- Builds the next generation of systems to make cryptocurrency data accessible to everyone across the globe at scale on the web and mobile (iOS & Android).
- Develop and scale the CoinGecko Data API that currently powers some of the biggest brands in the space.
- Manages infrastructure that is running in the cloud (Amazon Web Services & Google Cloud).
- Research and development of decentralized apps, Web3, and Solidity smart contracts on the blockchain network.
What you’ll be doing :
- Design and lead the development of the React Native infrastructure powering our iOS and Android app
- Articulate a long term vision for maintaining and scaling our mobile stack & team, for instance introducing tools, libraries, and best practices.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to developers on the team
- Scale our mobile app development to serve millions of users and large dataset
- Implement product features that have a direct impact on the engagement on our users.
What we look for in you:
- You have at least 4 years of engineering experience with a large focus on building React Native or native applications on iOS and/or Android.
- You implement end-to-end software delivery best practices including delivery planning, continous integration/deployment, application monitoring and security.
- You are familiar with implementing automated testing using Jest, Detox, React Native and other similiar tools.
- You have experience leading projects and providing technical direction.
- Excellent attention to detail and mobile design sensibilities.
- Proven track records of shipping high quality, scalable production apps.
- You have keen interest in cryptocurrency, blockchain, and smart contracts.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in iOS/Android native application development
- You have gone through a rapid growth in your company (from startup to mid-size)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko
- Free daily team lunch
- Parking/Transport allowance
- Flexible working hours
- Basic insurance
- Training/Upskilling allowance – be the owner of your own learning curve.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Interested? Hit the apply button to get started on your application!