Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
A group of cypherpunks are also involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, which you’ll be part of. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens, paving the way to economic opportunities to those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.
You can read more about Logos in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
Who You Are?
We are searching for Pirates, Crypto-anarchists and Lunarpunks. Not Defi, NFT or Ex-Agency/Advertising candidates.
You’re passionate about open source and p2p technologies for their potential to change how society is structured. You understand that blockchain networks and privacy-preserving tech are more than technologies – they’re part of a larger social movement for increasing individual freedom. You want to be a part of this movement.
You believe in the power of creating grassroots communities, and recognize this requires a cohesive communications strategy, advocacy, and an understanding of culture.
You thrive in a remote work environment that is growing quickly. You enjoy work that demands dedication, along with strong organizational and communication skills.
What Do We Need?
You’ll be responsible for developing and managing campaigns based on the policies, positions, and opinions of Status Network and play a key role in executing its communication strategy – including our upcoming rebrand to position Status towards creating a DAO and a Network State.
Working closely with Logos’ Communication Director, Creative Director and the Comms Hub team, you will develop and deliver a plan for building campaigning power at a grassroots level, engaging and developing groups and building alliances with influential interest groups.
- Develop and execute campaigns based on the overall communications strategy of the Logos DAO movement.
- Build on the organization’s grassroots campaigning to develop groups, supporters and institutions into a powerful action-oriented network capable of achieving change.
- Develop and execute on original campaign ideas that are open, participatory, and community-centric, and fit within the open source ethos of the organization and brand.
- Manage the production of demos, tutorials, technical papers and off-site presentations that demonstrate the possibilities of the Logos DAO and grow its active community.
- Generate interest and excitement in the Network through intelligent promotion and marketing of our vision and its related products, services and brand that entices others to participate.
- Plan resources, and manage budgets and timelines to support key launches with the development of the required political and technical content.
- Execute grassroots advocacy campaigns to inspire and create stronger bonds between community members and the network.
- Position energetic and on-brand content that stands out and delivers our core messages – with a unique, personal liberty-based approach to solving the problems that exist in big tech.
- Execute upon campaign ideas at a tactical level that fit within the strategic goals of the network.
- Analyze, optimize and align the marketing strategies for all services and products towards the overall organization’s strategy.
You ideally have
- Experience in, and a passion for, decentralized and peer-to-peer technology.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading marketing/communications teams within a startup environment.
- Circa 5+ years of relevant experience in marketing/communications.
- Strong experience with marketing technical products to a global audience – including a successful track record of either building vibrant open source communities or bringing products to market in emerging technologies.
- Proven experience in data driven campaigns with a highly analytical attitude.
- A strong alignment to Our Principles.
- Extreme focus on quality of work and a strong eye for detail.
Bonus points if
- Experience in developing marketing and/or grassroots campaigns within an advocacy group, political party, or in a startup environment.
- Formal Qualification in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or similar field.
- Experience working remotely.
- Experience working for an open source organisation or a politically aligned organization to Status.
- You identify with the Cypherpunk movement.
Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
- Call with Catia from the POps team
- Interview with Florian and Amir from the Comms Hub team
- Interview with Ned, Status’ Creative Director
- Interview with Carl, one of Status’ Co-founders
- Paid assignment (3-4 hours max)