The Solana Foundation is dedicated to the adoption, decentralization, and security of the Solana network. Our mission is to help support and grow the Solana network and its community while driving mass adoption for blockchain. The Solana Foundation is working to realize a world where individuals own their data, use permissionless networks, and transfer information freely around the world.
The Solana Foundation is seeking a Social Media Strategist to join our team. As a Social Media Strategist, you will be responsible for developing and executing social media strategies and campaigns for the Solana Foundation’s accounts that drive engagement, grow our online community, and promote the greater Solana ecosystem.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive social media strategy that aligns with the Solana Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Manage strategy, messaging and marketing opportunities across the Solana Foundation’s multiple social media channels, including the @Solana Twitter account.
- Guide internal Solana Foundation teams from around the world on strategy, compliance, and best practices.
- Be the social media point person for Solana Foundation marketing campaigns, as well as collaborative launches and some ecosystem team announcements.
- Create and curate engaging content that resonates with the Solana community and beyond.
- Highlight and support the greater Solana ecosystem through Solana Foundation-owned social channels.
- Monitor and analyze social media metrics to measure the effectiveness of our social media campaigns and make data-driven decisions to optimize performance.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest social media trends, tools, and best practices and share insights and recommendations with the team.
- Manage social media advertising campaigns and budgets to ensure maximum ROI.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, to create and deliver social media campaigns that support the Solana Foundation’s initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- 3+ years of experience in social media management, ideally at a start-up, research institution, or newsroom.
- Experience managing multiple social media accounts at once is preferred.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and best practices, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and emerging platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data to make data-driven decisions.
- Experience managing social media advertising campaigns and budgets.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Curiosity about the Solana ecosystem — a deep knowledge of Solana is not required, but an appetite to learn more is!