We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Our team consists of many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork. We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About The Role:
Are you excited about blockchains, cryptocurrencies, and distributed ledger technologies? Hedera is looking for a developer evangelist to help educate and enable engineers on how to utilize their next-generation public network and feel awesome while they do it. During the pandemic, you won’t travel much, but you will engage with the community online and build compelling content from home. By joining Hedera’s marketing team, you’ll be one of the faces of Hedera’s developer community – specifically through the creation of public facing content such as demo applications and tutorials, engaging developers building projects on Hedera, and attending virtual and physical conferences.
- Become embedded in the Hedera developer community to deeply understand developer concerns and needs
- Write sample code, build creative new conference talks, make screencasts, make compelling tutorial videos, and write some of the best blog posts the distributed ledger world has ever seen
- Help other developers by interacting on Discord, Stack Overflow, Twitter, GitHub, or places where developers come for help online
- Speaking (virtually) at meetup groups, conferences, developer trainings, etc.
- Hosting and organizing hackathons, meetups, workshops, and other events
- Identify gaps that are needed to meet the needs of developers, and design creative solutions to meet these needs
- Represent the developer community to the Hedera product and engineering teams, making sure that everything we build is easy to learn and sensible to use
- Research and report on projects and trends in the broader blockchain space
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes:
- Passionate and excited about the web3 industry
- You can write top-quality code samples and mini applications to demonstrate the technologies you want to teach
- Demonstrable experience contributing to and advocating for open-source software communities (both code and documentation) or crypto projects
- You are a solid communicator with experience writing about, teaching, or speaking about complex technical topics
- You can record screencasts and instructional videos of your talks and articles