Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for “The People”) encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We’re looking to hire a highly motivated Accounting Manager to play a key role in building out our internal financial and accounting practices and capabilities for scale. The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive background in accounting/finance, demonstrated success in a high-growth environment and a strong passion for creating processes in an ambiguous environment.
You will partner with management to define and implement a strategy for the company’s overall financial activities, assess our financial performance relative to overall strategy, and oversee all aspects of finance including accounting, forecasting, and taxes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage financial forecasting, budgeting processes, and oversee the company balance sheet and income statement
- Oversee the preparation of financial reporting, including working with outside accountants, tax advisors, and financial auditors
- Assess and implement all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation, and communication of accounting standards and financial reporting trends
- Develop relationships and work closely with external auditors, business leaders and senior management to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner
- Interpret U.S. GAAP accounting standards and guidance to determine accounting and financial reporting treatment for new, material, and/or complex, unusual transactions or agreements
- Implementation of accounting software and financial systems
- Year-end financial reporting, including 1099 tax reporting
- Lead internal control documentation, implementation, and compliance process
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of experience within corporate accounting or financial controller’s function
- BA/BS degree in accounting, economics, finance or related field. An advanced graduate degree is a plus
- CPA (or equivalent) required
- Fintech, crypto company experience strongly preferred; demonstrated success in a start-up environment is required
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills to drive planning, forecasting, systems and infrastructure
- Understanding of sophisticated accounting, regulatory, and tax planning issues
- Passion to initiate and lead projects to completion in a fast-paced, ever-changing, start-up environment
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.