Ripple is expanding its global footprint and looking to build the controllership function in Singapore. This dynamic team will be the in-region finance partners for the APAC region, supporting a wide range of finance functions but with the initial focus on financial close, statutory audits, and operationalizing local entities for regulatory & tax compliance.
Reporting into the APAC controller, the Accounting Manager will be a key member of the team to help build out scalable financial processes in-region. This is a great opportunity for an individual that enjoys building & scaling processes, rolling up their sleeves & being in the details, and collaborating in a matrix organization. We are a blockchain company and looking to build breakthrough crypto payment solutions. A general interest and understanding of the blockchain industry will be a key to success.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for managing multiple APAC entities for US GAAP and local GAAP reporting including executing accounting processes related to month-end, quarter-end and year-end close including P&L, Balance Sheet, variance analysis and quarterly management reports.
- Assist the Controller with the build out of all major financial processes locally including, but not limited to, Financial Reporting, Intercompany, Crypto Operations, Revenue recognition and Procure to Pay.
- Lead the financial audits with external audit teams and/or outsourced partners to ensure timely statutory reporting.
- Operationalize legal entities including setting in place processes, local ledgers/ reports etc required for monthly/ quarterly/ yearly regulatory reporting.
- Collaborate and work closely with cross functional teams to drive financial integrity in-region and support any business & compliance needs.
- Assist with the review of contracts & agreements and implement the appropriate local accounting treatment and finance processes.
- Work closely with the Controller on ad-hoc projects, including but not limited to system improvements and streamlining processes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Degree in Accounting/Finance is preferred)
- Minimum of 6+ years in the field of Accounting or equivalent (public accounting experience is a plus)
- Qualified Accountant preferred (CA, CPA or similar)
- Proficient in IFRS and have an understanding of US GAAP
- Strong Excel skills
- Familiarity with enterprise accounting systems (Intacct and/or mid-tier accounting systems is a plus)
- Excellent time and project management skills and able to operate in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently through complex tasks, drive initiatives with cross-functional teams and present solutions
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and self-driven initiative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with the cross border payments/ fintech/ crypto/ blockchain industry will be a plus
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.