Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
What we’re looking for:
As the Accounting Officer at the Cardano Foundation, you are the backbone of the Foundation’s accounting processes. You are an excellent multi-tasker with exceptional communication and time management skills. You will be responsible for processing, executing and recording various accounting activities in a timely manner. This role will give you the opportunity to demonstrate your in-depth accounting skills and allow you to contribute to the success of Cardano’s fast-growing project.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage all accounting transactions.
- Ensure timely bank payments.
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable for a flawless audit-proof processing of internal bookkeeping.
- Act as the key liaison person between the Foundation and the external Accounting firm.
- Ensuring compliance with accounting and tax laws.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Process taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements in coordination with the external Accounting firm.
What we look for in you:
- Prior experience in a similar role, ideally within an organization with global operations.
- Knowledgeable and strong proficiency on bookkeeping principles, Swiss accounting standards.
- Excellent organizational skills for maintaining clear and accurate accounting records.
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skillsHands-on experience with accounting software.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Accountable, trustworthy and meticulous.
- Fluent in German.
Nice to haves:
- You are excited about cryptocurrency and blockchain technologies.
- You have previously worked in a startup or in a similar setting.
If this role speaks to you and strongly matches your skill-set and experience we look forward to hearing from you.
Please only submit a 1-pager CV for this open part-time position.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future, based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talents! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.
– Open minded, collaborative and diverse culture with truly human values
– Equal opportunities at anytime in respectful, fair and conscious surroundings
– Learning and development opportunities to strive for your individual goals
– Referral bonus for your efforts bringing the right people into our environment
– Flexible and remote working to ensure a good work life balance where wellbeing matters
– Day off on your birthday, as you should be celebrating your special day