The DAI Credit System is a smart contract platform on Ethereum that backs and stabilizes the value of the Dai stablecoin through a dynamic system of Collateralized Debt Positions (CDPs), autonomous feedback mechanisms, and appropriately incentivized external actors. It is a decentralized infrastructure without a central operator. It is one of the oldest Ethereum projects built by a very experienced technical team of blockchain developers.
The Maker Foundation is tasked with bootstrapping the system to ensure that it can survive as a fully decentralized organization. The Maker Foundation employs people to develop the strategies and manage the tasks required to build enough momentum so that the DAI Credit System can successfully thrive on its own. Per the Foundation Proposal, decentralization is a top priority and is ongoing.
Our purpose is to deliver financial inclusion to create a positive social and environmental impact – for everyone. To support this, our aim is that Dai is used in all traditional and blockchain based payments and financial transactions – by everyone.
We are looking for an Agile Coach to help the Foundation to continuously optimise delivery processes and culture to maximise product development team effectiveness.
You will be embedded within 3+ product development teams, covering everything from smart contracts to user interfaces to working with partners to ensure that they can integrate elements of the DAI Credit System into their business.
Product Development teams at the Maker Foundation use a mixture of agile methodologies including Kanban and Scrum, highly optimised to their local context. The teams are distributed across the world, and the role will include asynchronous as well as synchronous communication and management. We are looking to fill this position in an Americas time zone, and you will work closely with colleagues in Europe to assure we have good coverage for all teams and stakeholders whether in Europe, the Americas or APAC.
Day to day responsibilities
- Ensuring teams’ ceremonies are well facilitated to maximise inclusion.
- Supporting teams to own, and continuously improve their working practices.
- Managing and tracking the impact of working agreement experiments.
- Supporting teams to effectively plan deliveries against stated goals. Including managing stakeholder expectations when committing to release dates or feature lists.
- Developing metrics to monitor team health and track delivery progress.
- Supporting teams to remove local impediments, and supporting the wider organisation to remove systemic impediments.
- Supporting Product Managers to ensure that goals, scope, and product domains are clear to the teams, and that product backlog items are well defined.
- Ensuring that other teams are aware of a team’s focus.
- Where dependencies to other teams exist; facilitate the smooth planning and execution of work.
- Where synergies appear, facilitate discussions between teams to develop the most effective solutions for the whole organisation.
- Supporting the organisation to design business processes that are lean, effective and compatible with both Maker Foundation culture, and the values and principles of distributed agile.
- 5+ years industry experience
- A demonstrable track record of helping 3+ product development teams (concurrently) to continuously improve, whilst delivering outstanding products and services, on time and within budget.
- A cool head under pressure; able to quickly adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- An inspirational lateral leader; able to identify stakeholders, bring people together, and build consensus around complex issues.
- Knowledge of multiple project management frameworks including agile (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and traditional (e.g. Waterfall, Prince2) with experience of tailoring methodologies to best fit project, and organisational context.
- Knowledge of development practices and workflows with a track record of helping teams to improve their CI / CD processes.
- Experience championing agile ways of working and supporting agile transformation.
- Certified Scrum Master, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Certified Lean Kanban Professional, or other agile accreditation.
- Blockchain industry experience.
- Exposure to a number of different organisational contexts (for example; business, agency, non-profit, large orgs, small orgs etc etc)
- Experience working remotely and with distributed teams, ideally across multiple time zones.
- The role would ideally suit someone with reasonable proximity to the US Eastern time zone.
The Maker Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.