Messari is an analytical platform on a mission to organize and contextualize information for crypto professionals. With Messari, analysts and enterprises can analyze, research, and stay on the bleeding edge of the crypto world while trusting the transparency of the underlying data. This gives professionals the power to make informed decisions and the ability to take timely action.
Our users range from some of most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top platforms like Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO and many, many more.
About the Backend Engineer role
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to join as a member of the core engineering team. As a backend engineer, you will have an extensive impact over the product, the architecture, and the technology.
Our platform is a cluster of microservices used to aggregate and contextualize crypto information. It is built using Golang, Kubernetes, Postgres, and AWS.
As a member of the team, you will be responsible for
- building a scalable system to provide easy to digest information with varying levels of granularity, from retrieving real-time metrics on a given asset to computing custom metrics per user request
- adding to our data-rich system while maintaining a simple to understand and intuitive user experience that is consistent with the rest of the web services – for e.g. ingesting high throughput data is resource intensive, how do we expand the breadth of on-chain ingestion without dropping the outflow speed and data consistency?
- implementing new analytical systems – our product is constantly growing, so how do we build exciting new workflows while keeping the systems cohesive?
- maintaining a high bar for code quality, reusability, and readability
- collaborating with product, research, and design to create a useful and delightful user experience
- 3+ years experience with modern backend technologies including Golang, Kubernetes, Postgres, and AWS
- a passion for shipping high-quality product that delights users
- interest in building data analytical tools, and a desire to empower users to do more
- looking to work on big/interesting things with lots of creative freedom
- have experience with building products and/or have the curiosity to think through the holistic product picture
- interest in the crypto space, and a love for building tools that help users dive deep into this world
- empathetic and love to help your teammates grow
- worked with other elements of our tech stack: GraphQL, Java, Node
- specific experience with Web3 and/or ETL data pipelines
Projects you could work on
- Alerting!– Build an alert system to send real-time email alerts on critical information like chain halts, hard forks, security attacks, and many more to end users
- Ingestion!– Build real-time pipelines to ingest, process, and perform outlier detection on data from centralized exchanges and decentralized exchanges like Coinbase and Uniswap respectively
- Web3!– Integrate with a specific smart contract and aggregate the on-chain information while interacting with the smart contract programmatically
- GraphQL!– Build a GraphQL backend-for-frontend to aggregate the API endpoint from multiple microservices into a single, simple-to-consume GraphQL server available for both internal and external consumption
What’s it like to work at Messari?
- A welcoming and open environment with people who love to collaborate on ideas and tackle complex problems
- Work with a small team of engineers with large impact across product, research, and business development
- Participate in forums like Family Meals and Messari Lab to share ideas or technologies you’ve been exploring and tinkering with
- Enjoy awesome, comprehensive benefits; Equity; unlimited PTO; and the ability to work remotely
Salary Ranges for Engineering (based on level during interview process)
- Associate Engineer $120,000 – $140,000
- Software Engineer (mid level) $140,000 – $160,000
- Senior Software Engineer $160,000 – $180,000
Messari is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, and life experience is the norm and respected consistently. Diversity of experience drives creativity and innovation, entrepreneurial leadership and integrity, and competitive and collaboration throughout our business and in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, and have our product reflect the diversity of our customers.
At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.