As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Contribute to shaping Kraken’s banking & payments strategy and identify high-impact opportunities
- Articulate key value drivers and considerations for potential partnership opportunities in concise deal memos; build consensus across Leadership and the wider organisation
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to drive execution and continuous progress of key initiatives
- Lead negotiations with partners and offer guidance to direct reports
- Contribute to enhancing the Business Development function by identifying opportunities to improve processes and develop talent
- Build an extensive network and maintain meaningful relationships to stay on top of key trends and industry developments
- Proficiently communicate the value of working with Kraken to potential partners
Who You Are:
- 8+ years of experience in business development at a bank or financial services company focused on payments / remittances, at least 5 years of managerial experience
- Intellectually curious with a strong understanding of the crypto industry with an emphasis on remittances
- Strong ability to drive consensus and coordinate process with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders in legal, product, engineering, and beyond
- Excellent communicator, storyteller, and presenter
- Process orientated with a keen attention to detail
- Proven track record of closing multiple high value partnership deals
- Experience in building financial models, revenue projections, and business plans
- Creative and strategic thinker with a knack for problem solving
- Strong network in the payments industry
Location Tagging: #CANADA #US #EU #LI-Remote #LI-MT1
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.