The NEAR Foundation’s Ecosystem Team is focused on growing, supporting, and monitoring projects building on the NEAR blockchain. We drive awareness and adoption by connecting founders and their teams with the resources they need to be successful. We’re an international team that understands the technology and works well with product, technical, and business stakeholders.
To help us on our mission we are seeking a Business Development Associate to bring new partners and entrepreneurs into the NEAR ecosystem. BD is laser focused on growing adoption and awareness of the NEAR blockchain, not revenue.
The right fit for this position should be comfortable operating in a dynamic and fast paced environment. You should be comfortable working with a variety of roles including: executive leadership, business development, entrepreneurs and developers. This is an exciting opportunity to bring existing projects and entirely new use cases to a rapidly growing ecosystem built on cutting edge technology.
Exceptional candidates are familiar with the blockchain concepts, terminology and funding models. This is not a good fit for someone who hasn’t worked within a remote startup environment or in a relationship management role before. This is a remote contracted position with the NEAR Foundation.
- Secure meaningful commitments to build on NEAR. This is your top priority.
- Manage a steady stream of inbound leads and opportunities. Assess each project’s use case, ability to execute, and impact to the ecosystem.
- Partner with community, marketing, and growth teams to drive top of funnel activities.
- Coordinate grant and funding requests.
- Partner with the Ecosystem Success team to onboard projects and identify future growth and partnership opportunities.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the NEAR ecosystem. Articulate the value propositions for NEAR, key projects, and partners.
- Maintain CRM records and ensure the pipeline is up to date.
- Coordinate with partners and service providers to remove blockers and ensure projects will be able to launch successfully on NEAR.
- Strong knowledge of blockchain technology, decentralized applications, and the ways in which communities and ecosystems form around them.
- Strong technical background and ability to ramp up on technical concepts extremely quickly to keep up with a developer-driven and highly iterative ecosystem.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and experience with startups. Familiarity with VC, fundraising.
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally. Confidence and humility to speak about NEAR to founders, investors, and developers.
- 2+ years of experience in business development, account management, or consulting. Bonus points for blockchain or SaaS BD experience.
- Strong project and time management skills. Ability to delegate and coordinate resources from across the NEAR ecosystem.
- Experience working in a global, all remote environment.
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual’s interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective
About the NEAR Foundation
The NEAR Foundation is a nonprofit, non-beneficiary foundation based in Switzerland which supports community-driven innovation and the Open Web with a specific focus on the NEAR platform. The Foundation distributes grant funding into the NEAR ecosystem, coordinates governance among participants, educates people about the protocol and ensures that relationships among the community members are as strong and sustainable as the apps they build. It seeks to combine the inclusive care of a community-driven NGO with the at-scale effectiveness of a Silicon Valley startup.