Our mission is to empower people by opening access to financial opportunities. We’re driven to pursue this mission because we believe we can make financial freedom as accessible as the internet.
Founded in 2017, the TrustToken team is based in San Francisco and Ireland, made up of talented people from Twilio, AMEX, Microsoft, Coinbase, Facebook, and Google – and an office puppy from Texas. We’ve raised over $30M from top investors at a16z crypto, BlockTower Capital, Founders Fund Angel, Danhua Capital, GGV Capital, Jump Capital, Signia VC, Stanford StartX, and others.
We started by creating a way to move money more freely than ever before with our stablecoins: TrueUSD, TrueAUD, TrueCAD, TrueGBP, and TrueHKD. Our TrueCurrencies are the world’s first independently-verified, fully collateralized stablecoins, now trading on top exchanges around the world and generating billions in monthly trade volume. TUSD users enjoy lighting-fast transactions, the lowest transaction costs of any stablecoin, easy exchange to and from dollars, and obsessive customer service.
With our compliance and identity platform, we empower the financial services industry to serve global audiences from day one by using the same enterprise-grade identity platform that makes TrueCurrencies possible. We combine user-centric technology and expert analysts to offer a full, on-demand compliance department that scales with your business, letting you focus on your product and customers – not endless vendors, complex integrations, and rising compliance headcount.
Soon, we’ll be connecting trusted individuals with more financial opportunities than have ever been accessible to them before. It’s going to be a long journey, and we’re just getting started. Join us.
TrustToken is growing fast and this is an opportunity to join us as the first member of the Business Development team. This role will be responsible for sourcing and managing our most important channel partnerships, select early customers, and Fintech ecosystem partner relationships. You will also be responsible for ensuring successful relationships with our partners through product integrations that create sustainable value for their users around the world.
You will be laying the foundation for the business development organization here at TrustToken, defining and executing our channel partner strategy and collaborating directly with leadership, product, and engineering to make it a reality.
What makes you a good fit: You feel comfortable having CXO level dialogues. Persistence is your middle name and you consistently find creative solutions to get your foot in the door of a target organization. You are fascinated by the massive shift taking place in the global financial ecosystem and want to be at the cutting edge of these changes. You think strategically and opportunistically about the future of the business.
- Help build culture, process, and strategy for both the business development team and company at large as an early
- Travel[20-30%], to develop strong relationships with the world’s top financial technology companies, both domestic and international. This means managing the pipeline from identification to
- Research, identify, and secure strategic partnerships within the broader crypto and financial technology
- Collaborate with legal, product, and engineering to develop and document partnership strategies for the
- Work with cross-functional teams including, legal, and marketing to launch and manage new partners and partnership programs in efforts to drive the development of TrustToken’s ecosystem and capture additional market share.
- 5+ years of experience in finance, business development, sales, product management, or similar roles at a top financial technology company or financial institution, working closely with technology companies on platform or product partnership
- Experienced and proven negotiator who is excited by partnerships and deal-making.
- Strong product instinct and ability to identify opportunities for TrustToken to leverage partners’ existing and in-development products, as well as the ability to collaborate with TrustToken’s Product and Engineering organization to build world-class features for our users.
- 4+ years working with financial technology companies and/or an understanding of the banking industry, how they produce profits and remain compliant.
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through Strong verbal and written communication skills – including the ability to speak to different constituencies such as business development, product, engineering, and sales internally and externally.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity.