Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In less than a decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1200 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
Primarily responsible for managing and implementation of the Company’s employee stock plan and the maintenance of the related records.
- Be the primary administrator of the Company’s stock plan
- Provide day to day support to the Corporate Governance team
- Manage equity plan documents
- Prepare and provide information to employees about vesting schedules, exercise process, and eligibility
- Maintain database integrity and ensure accurate record keeping of all equity data, including the Cap Table
- Manage 409A Valuation updates, option exercises, pending new hires, and other grant lists, and prepare exhibits for Board approvals
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc equity reports for multiple internal and external corporate partners
- Collaborate closely with accounting/legal, finance, HR and payroll teams for daily operations and to implement process improvements for daily operations
- Work with internal and external auditors and finance team for quarterly reviews, year-end audits and regulatory audits of procedures and controls as needed
- Manage secondary market transactions including performing KYC, due diligence, and ensuring compliance with corporate guidelines and share class rules
- Be the primary administrator and owner of the company’s Corporate Governance software platform
- Provide assistance to the Corporate Governance team in facilitating and preparing documents related to stock transfers
- A. or similar degree
- 4+ years of related experience as stock plan administrator, paralegal in startup or corporate practice, or in a corporate governance and securities role
- Private company experience
- Significant experience with equity software such as Equity Edge, Carta, Shareworks or Solium
- Strong technical skills especially MS Excel or other spreadsheet programs.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.