In today’s world, many blockchain projects are worth billions of dollars based on hype and speculation. Hedera Hashgraph is rooted in a true technological evolution that is disrupting the market.
The company, with its distributed public ledger, has two clear differentiators:
- Its superior technology
- A governing council
The Technology: The Hedera Hashgraph platform provides a new form of distributed consensus; a way for people who don’t know or trust each other to securely collaborate and transact online without the need for a trusted intermediary. The platform is lightning fast, secure, and fair, and, unlike some blockchain-based platforms, doesn’t require compute-heavy proof-of-work. Hedera enables and empowers developers to build an entirely new class of distributed applications never before possible. The Hashgraph platform deployed today can process 10,000 transactions per second. By comparison, Bitcoin is limited to 7 transactions per second, and Ethereum can process fewer than 15.
The Governing Council: The Hedera Hashgraph Council is the governing body of the Hedera Hashgraph network. The council will ultimately consist of up to 39 leading organizations and enterprises in their respective fields. Its membership will reflect a range of industries and geographies, including highly respected brands and trusted market leaders, to encourage a wide variety of perspectives. The Governing Members will elect the Governing Board and also contribute expertise through subcommittee membership. Hedera’s governance terms ensure no single member will have control, and no small group of members will have undue influence over the body as a whole.
Opportunity for Impact
In order to ensure that Hedera fully realizes its enormous potential, the company is committed to attracting an outstanding Chief Financial Officer (CFO). Reporting to the Hedera Board of Manager, led by its Chairperson Brett McDowell, the CFO will be responsible for all financial functions – investor relations, financial planning and analysis, cash flow management, financial operations and controls, risk management, treasury, tax, accounting, audit, and HR.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide insightful and trusted counsel to the Board, Governing Council, and management team on both financial and operational issues related to the overall performance of the network.
- Develop and enhance the company’s financial foundation with appropriate systems and controls that will allow the network to grow effectively over the next several years.
- Manage the Treasury under the direction of the Board and Council, ensuring the financial sustainability of network for many decades to come.
- Lead all company budgeting, forecasting and reporting activities. Ensure continuous improvement of the budgeting process through education of company managers on financial issues impacting their budgets, including identifying ways in which to minimize costs and maximize performance.
- Design and manage an economic incentive program that achieves network adoption and growth of platform; forecast and analyze results.
- Lead any necessary fund raising activities, manage all banking and investor relationships
- Contribute to the development of short, medium, and long-term strategies; develop the finance function into a strategic asset for the company.
- Periodic financial reporting to the Board and Council and analyze financial performance. Establish measurable outcomes and track performance against them.
- Identify risks and opportunities through the lens of the financial community and make appropriate recommendations as to further the growth of the network.
- Strong understanding of the company financials and KPIs; drives development of the operating plan and quarterly reforecasts, and ensures the integrity of the financials.
- Lead the development of annual budgets and long-term projections for operations, capital expenditures, and cash flows.
- Experience as CFO or as #2 finance executive of a high growth technology company, preferable Cryptocurrency/Fintech/B2B SaaS/software, that has experienced rapid and large-scale growth.
- Exceptional financial management, analytical, reporting, problem solving, negotiations and organizational skills.
- Success serving as the key member of the senior executive team in providing input to the board, investors, and management regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions, as well as strategic objectives.
- Ability to initiate and drive change and have the flexibility to adapt to a dynamic, growing environment.
- Develop and enhance a global financial foundation with appropriate systems and processes that will allow the network to grow effectively over the next several decades.
- Strategic thinker who possesses the exceptional interpersonal skills needed to effectively share and engage the entire organization in the key financial drivers of the network.
- Proven ability to plan, budget, model and forecast with accuracy, and to know at all times where the company is in relation to internal and external models/targets for the current and successive years.
- Strong breadth of skills across Financial Planning and Analysis, Accounting, Tax, Legal, and Investor Relations.
- Hands-on leader with the ability to attract and retain a highly motivated and talented finance team.
- Strong leader – action-oriented and leads from the front with creative, strategic, and financial acumen. Strong business intellect necessary for taking the business to the next level.
- High degree of intellectual horsepower and demonstrable emotional intelligence.
- Highly collaborative and hands-on, excellent relationship building skills, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of stakeholders.
- Creative in solving problems and understanding new markets.
- Must be a builder – of teams, processes, systems and culture.
- Ability to represent the company with credibility and build strong relationships both internally and externally.
- Results-oriented executive who is entrepreneurial, energetic, resilient, and personally committed to achieving success.
- Outstanding communication skills.