Pagoda is the first-ever Web3 Startup Platform where developers and entrepreneurs can build, launch, and operate new blockchain-based products and services. As a primary builder of the NEAR Protocol, Pagoda delivers capacity, velocity, simplicity, and affordability needed to power tomorrow’s Web3 startups.
We are looking for an innovative, empathetic, and productive person who is excited about building the next generation of crypto startups, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. Pagoda is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
What You’ll Get For Joining:
- Unlimited Annual Leave / PTO
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Yearly Company Retreats (2021’s was in Lisbon!)
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Summer Wellness Week: the first week of July
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by us
About The Role:
Pagoda is looking to strengthen our team with a hands-on Financial Leader with strong domain expertise excelling in a startup environment.
This is a unique role to support our teams as we embrace our hypergrowth. As the company’s first Chief Financial Officer (CFO), you must have a proven track record of effectively scaling high growth startups, creating value, and driving growth. Your role is both breadth-first and depth-first. You’ll be taking over as much of that responsibility as you can handle and as fast as you can learn. You’ll report to the CEO.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build the Finance function of a hyper-growth global blockchain company, including Accounting, Tax and Entity Compliance, and Financial Planning and Analysis
- Steward the budget process, including forecasting hiring needs, to ensure teams are positioned to deliver on business goals
- Oversee financial and token accounting
- Interface with Operations, PeopleOps, Legal, auditors, and tax authorities, to ensure high-performing operation of Pagoda
- Oversee financial reporting and provide transparency on business performance
- Build and maintain financial models, plans, and operational key performance indicators
- Design and implement a financial system to help manage the company’s finances and associated reporting materialsImplement and manage strategies to reduce risk
- Collaborate with leadership and product teams to develop and execute revenue strategies
- Design and implement fundraising strategies, investor communications and materials, due diligence, and active management and leadership on behalf of the company
- Act as the company’s financial architect to drive investments that will bring growth and value
What We’re Looking For:
- Exceptional intelligence and breadth of business knowledge and high EQ
- 8+ years of relevant finance experience growing a successful company, preferably in SaaS or in a highly regulated industry such as Fintech
- Fluency in finance principles, valuation, and risk modeling
- Strong executive presence and experience working with venture capital firms and board members
- Intimate knowledge of US regulations and applicable legislation, specifically for cryptocurrency
- Outstanding technical, business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Stellar attention to detail and process orientation
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space
- Demonstrated experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment/ thrive amidst rapid change
- Collaborative attitude and ability to work well with others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is a must
We’d Love If You Have:
- MBA and/or CPA preferred
Location: This role is remote but must be based in the United States.
Our Values at Pagoda
Innovate and deliver—so our customers can build. We deliver new solutions for real, often urgent, customer needs. Practical over hype. We uphold our standards of excellence while balancing velocity and pragmatism.
Focus precious time and energy on what matters. We are intentional about where we aim our resources. We channel our talents to focus on the critical missions in order to make an outsized impact.
Favor ownership, agency and action. Everyone is an owner. As individuals, we are responsible and accountable for our work. We empower builders to make decisions and innovate without the burden of unnecessary roadblocks or complexity.
Work as a team of empathetic humans. We practice mutual respect, open communication, humility and collaboration. We are kind and empathetic. We are welcoming towards diversity in all forms, including differences of perspective.
Never break trust. Integrity is rare—and valuable—in this space. Reputation is hard to build and easy to break.