As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in the world. We are expanding and innovating throughout the company to support this rapid growth, and to ensure that we can effectively execute our ambitious short-, medium- and long-term plans for global product and market development.
The Regional Operations organization builds the business by ensuring global alignment of Kraken’s commercial goals and execution. Commercial Strategy Associates will play a critical role on a team core to Kraken’s global operating effectiveness. You will be expected to operate effectively in a highly cross-functional context, working directly with nearly every team and department. You will have a unique opportunity to positively influence the entire organization by driving initiatives that directly impact the company’s bottom line.
This role is remote.
- Report to the Commercial Strategy Manager to execute the global deployment of Kraken’s operating infrastructure and commercial strategy
- Support new market initiatives by providing cross-functional program management to ensure a seamless transition from strategic opportunity development to revenue realization
- Work with Managing Directors, finance, compliance, and legal teams to execute initiatives that maximize regulatory, tax, and strategic partnership opportunities
- Build business plans, financial models, and design operational flows across products and geographies outlining Kraken’s go-to-market path forward
- Develop recommendations to solve critical commercial strategy challenges using a data driven approach
- Cultivate a deep understanding of operational best practices across regions and develop the corporate resources, processes, and standards to implement them across different theaters
- Analyze trends, market behavior, and client acquisition drivers in order to coordinate with regional marketing teams and improve effectiveness of go-to-market outreach
- Provide regional input to the Commercial Strategy Manager and Managing Directors to enable the design of scalable, standardized global operational procedures
- Identify potential areas of inefficiency, redundancy, bottlenecked progress or scaling challenges between regional operating theaters, and devise and execute process improvements to address them
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in consulting, financial services, corporate strategy, program management, or an equivalent analyst position
- Strong interest in and familiarity with both cryptocurrency and traditional financial industries
- Experience in retail financial products, financial markets and derivatives products, or Web3 protocols
- Experience and proven track record in business process management or operations roles in the financial services or technology industries
- Experience navigating complex operational hurdles in hyper-growth companies
- Experience in international markets and working across geographies
- Excellent organizational and workload management skills, especially with respect to prioritization and proactive verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset with excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Strong contextualization and second-order thinking ability
- Ability to work a flexible full-time schedule to coordinate with global stakeholders
- Creativity, adaptability, tenacity, a sense of urgency and a hands-on, roll-up your sleeves work ethic
- Ability to deconstruct convoluted problems and develop precise plans of action
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Lean principles, six sigma and/or business process management concepts
- Advanced user of Excel and Powerpoint, familiar with G-Suite equivalents
- Intermediate or greater SQL proficiency a plus
- Financial modeling background
- MBA preferred
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.