Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a communications manager with deep crypto expertise to join Coinbase communications team. This person will be responsible for driving awareness for Coinbase amongst the crypto and blockchain community. You’ll lead day-to-day efforts related to engaging with the crypto trade media, and building our crypto-first employer brand. You’ll partner with Coinbase employees from across the company to develop unique POVs and amplify them via traditional and social media strategies. In addition to your core responsibilities, you will also support other parts of our communications function, including product launches on an ad-hoc basis.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Build and execute on a proactive communications plan to drive awareness for Coinbase and our products within the crypto and blockchain communities.
- Ensure Coinbase is represented at key crypto events both online and offline.
- Develop content together with the product and engineering team to help make Coinbase a go-to resource for the crypto community.
- Build narratives and communications plans that support the company’s crypto-first narrative.
- Be available to all members of the communications team to share your experience and help with all facets of the company’s communications plan as needed.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Creative storytelling with an understanding of what stories resonate with the media and an audience of crypto developers and the broader crypto ecosystem.
- Strong interest in and familiarity with crypto technology and the community.
- Experience telling a product story through media, social channels and community relations.
- A demonstrated ability to understand complex subject matter, along with the skills needed to simplify and explain these topics for a broad audience of stakeholders.
- Experience managing cross-functional initiatives involving multiple stakeholders across an organization.
- Native to social media platforms.
- Stellar writing and storytelling skills: prose that’s clear and concise, with an eye toward eliminating jargon.
- Strategic mindset: You should bring creative solutions to every problem and never see a challenge as insurmountable.
- Grace under fire: PR + crypto equals a fast-paced working environment. You should be unflappable at crunch time, and be able to deliver a quality product under the most stressful of circumstances.
- Collaborative working style: Our comms team is small and nimble and, while we have dedicated coverage areas, we all jump in and work together to support each other when company priorities require all hands on deck.
Nice to haves:
- 5-7 years relevant work experience at either a PR agency or on an in-house communications team.
- An understanding of the regulatory, security and technical landscapes influencing the state of cryptocurrency today (and tomorrow).
- Experience with financial tech or traditional financial services.