Founded in 2012, Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for crypto traders and global liquidity providers. We are one of the oldest exchanges and a top 10 player by volumes, with a strong customer base of both institutional and retail customers.
We list almost 200 different tokens and also more than 60 perpetual contracts. We also offer our customers yield products through staking and lending. You can find out more about Bitfinex here.
Our mission as a company is to deliver financial freedom to communities and countries around the world. We believe that Bitcoin in particular offers an opportunity to bring freedom to people where traditional finance has failed them, and those who wish to transact and interact freely and privately, with little to no cost. We have published the Bitfinex Freedom Manifesto as an expression of our purpose and values and communities around the world, especially in emerging markets.
We are offering a unique opportunity at a rare window in time where the digital token space is on the tipping point of contributing to a major financial evolution. Much like the early days of the internet, blockchain technology faces complex new challenges and having the best team plays a pivotal role in success.
Our team is fully remote and globally distributed to capture the best talent from around the world. So far we’ve grown fast and stayed lean to secure our place as a leader in the space.
If you get excited about being in an industry that is breaking new ground and have the confidence to meet the many challenges that this evolving space faces, we are interested in talking to you. Join us and help lay the foundations for a decentralized future.
Currently looking for:
Communications Specialist (Remote)
- Develop and lead both proactive and reactive strategic public relations campaigns to shape public opinion to benefit Bitfinex and the digital token and blockchain space in general.
- Engage directly and build relationships with the mainstream and specialized digital token and blockchain media as well as communities, policymakers, key influencers and others to develop the interests of Bitfinex and the community as a whole.
- Act as the point of contact for our PR agencies and help coordinate their efforts.
- Develop our media relations strategy and secure regular placements in top tier media outlets.
- Craft press briefing docs, press packs and develop and pitch stories to earn coverage across the trade, business and national media.
- Conduct media training and prepare key spokespeople.
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis.
- 5-10 years working in Communication or Journalism in the Financial Sector, preferably in the Crypto/Blockchain Sector
- Strong relationships with media and proven ability to build relationships with top tier media outlets and deliver earned media content through these connections.
- Execution of cross-functional crisis/reputation management campaigns.
- Experience advising teams and senior executives on policy matters.
- Experience in using monitoring tools
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills; a confident communicator and presenter (only applications in English will be accepted).
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management skills and the ability to collaborate across functions.
- A sound understanding of media needs and media relationships.