Maker is a technology startup with a mission – we exist to empower the next generation of financial tools and an accessible store of value for the world. We believe the best businesses need not make up their marketing and product stories, but should share and prove the real journey and impact behind their products with their customers.
Maker is looking for a friendly self-starter, who loves meeting new people and building communities. You are the ultimate Maker evangelist and thought-starter for our current audience, and for those who have never heard of us. Through intelligent conversation – both online and in person at events – you will help grow the Maker footprint, taking us from a small blip on the radar to a household name. The blockchain community is discerning and quick to poke holes in ideas. Because of this, you are unflappable with an ability to articulate your thoughts clearly and calmly, garnering interest from a wide scope of people, while turning detractors into advocates.
The ideal candidate wants to become a figurehead within the Maker community, a rockstar at conferences, and possesses a genuine personality that makes everyone want to have a conversation with them. This candidate is a credible and trustworthy resource for the Maker audience, while always remaining authentic to Maker and its vision.
Lastly, you will be extremely knowledgeable about Maker’s product suite, and the crypto space in general. This will lead to you being responsible for helping our community understand and use our tools, organize events & meet-ups, creating localized content & campaigns, providing insights and research, and monitoring our social media accounts.
- Become a respected resource of information within the community
- Generate or join thought-provoking conversations to describe the benefits of Maker in the wider crypto and financial ecosystems
- Be the first point of contact or outreach for great businesses that are – or potentially could be – part of the Maker community, introducing – them to our Business Development team.
- Work with Marketing to help spread Maker’s vision to new audiences, and providing strategic feedback where necessary
- Integrate with Marketing to share global campaigns and develop locally-relevant ones
- Be a product champion, helping all stakeholders to benefit from the Dai Stablecoin platform.
- Provide insights, and document issues, challenges and needs so that the team can understand the needs of our customer base.
- Be the voice of the user within the team to ensure product hypotheses, experiments and developments are in line with user needs.
- Work with colleagues to scope, design and carry out research activities with businesses/shoppers – from existing users to new contacts – to – develop a deep understanding of their issues, challenges and needs.
- Build visibility and credibility of the Maker brand across all channels and in person with brand advocates & the wider community.
- Help organize and lead our bi-annual internal events, sponsorships and conferences.
- Organize local meet-ups for audiences to share ideas, conversations, and build out community
- Monitor social channels to answer FAQs, engage in conversations, and provide additional context when needed
- Keep on top of the latest relevant industry news and ensure we are in the story.
- Must have excellent written and spoken english.
- People person – must love meeting and chatting with new people in person and online.
- Active social media user – Reddit, Twitter, Telegram etc…
- Have established a community and have grown the community utilizing social strategy.
- Be creative, experimental and innovative in your approach with users, social media and hosting events.
- Patient – you will sometimes be helping non-technical people use our technology.
- A team player who is eager to help – we are a small startup and all wear multiple hats.
- Self starter – you’ll be planning your own week and setting your own goals, this isn’t a job for someone that likes working in a hierarchical workplace with top down instructions.
Nice to Haves
- Good design, photography or video editing skills.
- Experience using: Rocket chat, Teamspeak, Medium, Steem, Google apps, CMS and CRM systems. Fluent in multiple languages is a plus.
- Competitive salary paid in Dai.
- Fun, small team – flat hierarchy and opportunity to lead projects and take on more responsibility as we grow.
- First-hand experience of startup life.
- Flexible hours and can work from home/remote.