What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
Polygon ID is part of Polygon Labs. Polygon ID is a decentralized identity toolset for Web3 – It provides the toolset to secure the chain of trust from credential issuers (sources of trust) all the way to the applications that need to verify user credentials (the holder of the credentials), all while empowering the user to control what information is shared with these apps in a privacy-preserving manner. We’re searching for a Community Lead to join PolygonID (the decentralized identity toolset for Web3) and take charge of community activities. We are looking for an outgoing, optimistic and proactive person who is knowledgeable and passionate about digital identity, and is looking forward to letting the developers community know how Polygon ID can help in their endeavors. As for our team here at Polygon ID, we try to keep the structure as flat as possible, we work remotely but meet regularly (every two/three months) IRL, autonomy and proactivity is highly valued and encouraged, and teamwork and team trust is a must.
- Taking one of the key roles in achieving that Polygon ID becomes the identity layer of Web3, by means of achieving awareness and real adoption of Polygon ID through engagement of developers communities.
- You will work closely with some of the best professionals in the identity field and web3 in the world, giving you an unique opportunity to learn and grow.
- You will report to the Product Delivery & Developer Experience Manager and work closely with DevRel and Marketing to achieve your goals.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Participate in the definition of the strategy and execute it to achieve awareness and real adoption of Polygon ID.
- Engage with developers communities and grow to new ones even beyond Web3.
- Understand which type of actions works better to achieve real adoption of Polygon ID.
- Bring insights from the community to the product team and work with technical writers, marketing and other functional areas to deliver the best developer and user experience.
- To be successful in the above you will need to be knowledgeable and passionate about digital identity, verifiable credentials, blockchain, privacy and decentralization.
A Day in the Life
- Define actions/campaigns to engage the community and get real adoption.
- Interact with DevRel specially with the community team (guilds, advocates)..
- Interact with Marketing and engage via social (especially Twitter) media with developers.
- Interact via Telegram groups with Developers.
- Interact in Discord servers with Developers.. .
- Go to local IRL events..
- Expand to new communities even beyond Web3.
- Learn: Stay up to date with what is going on in the Decentralized Identity space and with the Polygon ID product.
- Do surveys to understand how we can help our community better and increase adoption.
- Measure success of the different actions/campaigns with the goal of achieving real adoption of Polygon ID.
- Engage the developer community to inform them about new releases, upcoming product roadmap improvements. Also receive feedback on improvements and bugs from the community.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- Proven experience and passion about Digital Identity: Knowledgeable in SSI, DID, VC, iden3,…. also having contacts within the ecosystem: companies, communities, associations, foundations including the DIF, W3C verifiable credential working groups, Trust Over Ip and similar orgs
- Proven experience in Web3. Knowledge in the Ethereum ecosystem is a plus and having contacts within the ecosystem: companies, communities, DAOs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Marketing knowledge is a plus.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We’d love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.