DFINITY is reimagining the Internet as a public network that hosts secure software and services. The Internet Computer is a new technology stack that is unhackable, fast, scales to billions of users around the world, and supports a new kind of autonomous software that promises to reverse Big Tech’s monopolization of the internet. DFINITY was founded in 2016 by Dominic Williams and is backed by top-tier institutions including Polychain Capital and Andreessen Horowitz.
Seeking a community manager with 2-4 years of experience in community development, event planning and management of both online and in person communities. In this role you will be responsible for supporting a growing ecosystem by developing and executing on strategies for event based community engagement, managing existing community programs, and communicating project updates with the greater ecosystem.
You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the needs of the community are well represented within the DFINITY Foundation. You’re capable of advocating for decisions that will lead to growth and positive sentiment throughout the community.
- Leading the development and execution of strategies that support multiple Internet Computer related community events/meetups globally.
- Managing inbound communication from the community to ensure key themes and needs are communicated to and addressed by the DFINITY Foundation.
- Assisting in the development and execution of strategies for events such as hackathons and conferences.
- Supporting a growing ecosystem of Internet Computer enthusiasts by developing strategies to support enthusiasts on channels such as Telegram, Reddit, Twitter etc.
- Growing and supporting a collection of community evangelists with programs that assist them in distributing Internet Computer related messaging.
- Tracking key metrics relating to ecosystem growth and overall community sentiment.
- Conducting educational webinars as needed and creating content that can explain technical concepts to a wider audience.
- Assisting with external communications related to social media, events, and community updates.
- Delivering important feedback from the community to the operations and product teams.
- Keeping up-to-date with blockchain technology, news and trends within the larger crypto ecosystem.
- 2-4 years of experience managing online communities or working in a community development role.
- Well-read and passionate about blockchain technology with a passion for continued learning.
- High degree of end-user empathy and ability to envision and understand how users will interact with our product and community.
- Capable of providing excellent support, even to those one might find difficult to work with
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work across teams to make things happen.
- Demonstrated experience gathering and understanding customer business needs.
- Experience with analytics tools and platforms for measuring success.
- Experience planning and hosting in-person events and meetups to hit strategic goals.
- Exceptional analytical reasoning, problem-solving, and creative thinking skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent at collaborating with many contributors
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.