OpenSea is the first and largest marketplace for non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, which are digital goods endowed with property rights. Applications for NFTs include collectibles, gaming items, domain names, digital art, and many other items backed by a blockchain. NFTs have brand new properties that go beyond traditional digital items: they’re unique, provably scarce, liquid, and usable across multiple applications. At OpenSea, we’re excited about building a brand new economy from the ground up based on true digital ownership and proud to be recognized as Y Combinator’s #29 ranked top private company.
When hiring candidates, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in our culture, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, grow rapidly, and love our work. Our team has varied backgrounds from Stanford, UC Berkeley, Georgia Tech, Waterloo, San Jose State University, DePauw University, SUNY schools as well as those who signed record deals with Universal Music Group instead of pursuing a traditional college education. While we have experience at many of the FAANG companies, we’ve also worked at places like Artsy, Lime, a varying degree of start ups as well as a self-made jewelry business.
At OpenSea, we know it’s critical to celebrate and support our differences. Employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences and opinions enables our employees, our product and our community to flourish. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
OpenSea is looking for an entrepreneurially-minded individual to act as an evangelist, liaison, and onboarding specialist. Ideally, this individual would be a self-starter with experience using decentralized technologies, combined with some experience in customer success and marketing at an early stage software company.
– Onboard new users and ensure their continued success as NFT traders.
– Provide customer support via Zendesk, Discord, Slack, and Telegram.
– Maintain and promote a vibrant community culture.
– Synthesize insights from community interactions and surface critical issues to the engineering team.
– Audit new collections and projects applying for more visibility on OpenSea.
– Preemptively protect buyers from fakes and responding to reports.
– Keep internal and external informational resources up to date in an environment of rapid iteration.
– Contribute ideas and effort to our brand, content, and community strategies.
– Ability to provide support for questions that arrive outside of American timezones (Europe, Africa, and Asia)
– Understanding of and passion for decentralized technology.
– Strong work ethic, hustle, communication, writing ability, and business development sensibility.
– Comfort with semi-technical tasks like using an admin panel and running scripts from the command line or willingness to learn how to do them.
– Deep curiosity, relentless resourcefulness, and a growth mindset.
– Perfect comfort with frequent context switching.
– Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a rapidly shifting landscape.
– Patience for helping out the new and unacquainted!
– (nice to have) Experience leading a community.
– (nice to have) Marketing experience.
– (nice to have) Experience writing HTML.
– (nice to have) Familiarity with WordPress.
– (nice to have) Deep experience using decentralized technologies.