Formed in 2014, Tendermint is the creator of Cosmos, an ecosystem of interoperable blockchains. We are a software engineering company that focuses on the Cosmos SDK and Starport, state-of-the-art frameworks for blockchain development. Over USD 16 billion worth of digital assets is secured by the 200+ blockchains built with the Cosmos SDK.
We’re passionate, self-driven industry leaders whose vision is to empower people to create a more transparent and accountable world through open, distributed, and interoperable networks. We believe that the technology we’re building will have a major positive impact on how humans connect and coordinate globally. Join our growing international team and help us build the most popular multi-blockchain ecosystem in the world.
How we work
We have team members working worldwide, from North America, Europe to the Middle East and Asia. We leverage agile methodologies to move quickly and stay focused. Communication is vital to us, and we rely heavily on Slack, Google Workspace, Asana, Notion, and GitHub to help us stay in sync. All the technology we build is free and open source.
This role is a full-time remote position, and you’re free to work from anywhere. Be advised that most team meetings occur between 8 am and 12 pm Pacific Time (UTC-8/-7). If you’re applying from a location where these hours are outside your usual working hours, we expect you to adapt to our meeting times.
About the position:
Tendermint is seeking a talented Community Manager with experience in the blockchain industry. The role will involve social engagements with the Cosmos community, as well as with investors, traders, community, PR/marketing outlets, amongst others. You’ll be responsible to help engage the broader blockchain community and to manage the growing ecosystem. The ideal candidate combines a savvy approach to community building with deep understanding of the blockchain ecosystem to engage a broader audience.
Whether it’s educating newcomers via Twitter, Discord or Telegram, creating memes or providing customer support, you’ll be responsible for engaging our community in an enthusiastic and meaningful way. You should have a demonstrated history of building and growing a blockchain audience on major social media platforms.
- Share the effort of managing Cosmos’s online presence across multiple channels (social media, group chat and other forums).
- Help moderate the Cosmos Community Discord, Telegram channels, /r/cosmosnetwork subreddit, and interact with the community to increase positive engagement.
- Monitor the company’s social media accounts and offer constructive interaction with users.
- Provide engaging content in a variety of forms, such as text, image, and video, for social media accounts.
- Create methods for finding and saving online community feedback.
- Relentlessly build trust in Cosmos, advocating for our mission and vision.
- Source feedback and ideas from supporters and skeptics alike.
- Work with product and marketing leadership to instill “growth mindset” throughout the organization, and convert community engagement into company business opportunity.
- Keep current on trends and happenings across the broader crypto ecosystem.
- Staying informed on trends in the blockchain space.
- Organize, coordinate, and manage minority languages groups and ambassadors.
- Explore new community-friendly platforms to facilitate the expansion of the Cosmos community and influence.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional PR or media experience in the related field is required for this position.
- Familiarity with online platforms such as Telegram, Twitter, Facebook, Medium, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.
- Experience launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter).
- Hands-on experience with brand management through social media.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics, and to utilize those metrics (e.g. repeat attendance at events).
Nice to have
- Experience in competitive marketing analysis and strategies.
- Passion about what cryptocurrency and blockchain can do for humanity.
- Ability to explain abstract technical concepts in an easy to understand manner.
What we offer
- The opportunity to be part of building the future of the Internet
- Flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits like educational budget, fitness and wellbeing spend
- Flexible PTO
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision insurance 100% covered for employees in the US
- 401K Match in the US
- Competitive salary (for this position, the Level range is 6-7 IC and the salary range is $77,000 – 87,500).
- To apply, please go through our online application process and include a cover letter, and talk about your favorite project in the Cosmos space.