BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. Founded in 2013, BitGo pioneered the multi-signature wallet and is the first digital asset company to focus exclusively on serving institutional clients. Active in both centralized and decentralized finance, BitGo offers market leading trading, lending, and borrowing services through its prime brokerage services and acts as the custodian for WBTC, the leading global stablecoin for Bitcoin. In 2020, BitGo launched BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes approximately 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 600 coins and tokens. BitGo provides the security and operational backbone for more than 1500 institutional clients in 50 countries, including many regulated entities and the world’s top cryptocurrency exchanges and platforms. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
We are seeking a Compliance Analyst to join the BitGo team in New York City. This role will be a hybrid between work from home and office attendance and will report to the Head of Financial Intelligence Unit.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Analyzing, reviewing, and investigating transaction monitoring alerts using tools such as Elliptic, TRM Labs, and Unit21 to identify and escalate financial crime red flags.
- Performing comprehensive and insightful investigations into flagged transaction activity or accounts, and making recommendations for the filing of Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Keeping a watchful eye over wider BitGo platform activity to identify potential financial crime red flags, including reviewing law enforcement & 314(b) inquiries, sanctions screening, negative news, or 314(a) escalations, referrals from BitGo employees or external parties.
- Collaborating with the wider Compliance team on program enhancements such as risk rule and detection scenario calibration, quality assurance reviews, and data analysis.
- Driving efforts to integrate transaction monitoring vendors into BitGo systems.
- Drafting and updating Financial Intelligence Unit procedures, participating in AML training and education efforts.
- Maintaining an advanced understanding of AML typologies that relate to cryptocurrency transactions, correspondent banking, high risk jurisdictions, and be a vocal point for current regulatory trends, enforcement actions and crypto related financial crime news.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
BitGo is looking for people who are passionate about their craft, take full ownership for their work and projects, and believe in a transparent and collaborative culture with the goal of making BitGo successful.
- 3+ years experience in AML transaction monitoring, investigations, and SAR reporting.
- 1+ years of experience with using blockchain analytics tools (Elliptic, TRM Labs, Chainalysis, etc), and an advanced understanding of the concepts that underpin blockchain transaction tracing. Certification such as Chainalysis Reactor is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of AML regulatory requirements and expectations, including BSA and PATRIOT Acts.
- Strong investigative and analytical skills; experience leveraging multiple information sources to run an investigation.
- A drive to understand the causes and reasons for account or transaction behavior and an eagerness to ‘paint the picture’ of an alert, investigation, or account review.
- Excellent written, oral communication, and argumentative skills
- Willing to learn and become an expert in complex blockchain based subject matter and crypto crime concepts.
- Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision; be comfortable navigating various internal systems and tools provided by vendors.
- Organization and time management skills.
- Eagerness to work with other teams in a highly collaborative startup Fintech environment.
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, partner and dependents
- Up to 5% 401k company match
- Paid parental leave, Paid vacation
- Free custom lunches, dinners and snacks
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
- Benefits may vary based on location
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing.
Pay Transparency Notice: Depending upon your leveling and location, the compensation for this role averages between $90,000 – $120,000 USD base salary. Equity, an annual performance bonus and the benefits outlined below are also a part of this role’s package.