We are a fast-growing company built around a revolutionary technology — the hashgraph consensus algorithm. Hedera Hashgraph is well-suited to become the world’s first mass-adopted distributed public ledger because it is blazing fast, highly secure and ensures fairness. We are on a mission to create a trusted and empowered digital future for everyone; a cyberspace where you work, play, buy, sell, create, and engage socially; where you have safety and privacy in your digital communities; where you feel confident when interacting with others; where you own and control your information.
Our team consists of many of the best minds in the industry. We are proud of our high-quality culture, dedicated to our values of integrity, ethics, service, excellence and teamwork. We are looking to hire effective, collegial and hard-working people to help achieve our vision. Join us and say, “Hello future.”
About The Role:
The Hedera distributed ledger network is a public and permissionless platform on which developers and users can freely create accounts and launch decentralized applications and services. However, as the network’s governing entity, Hedera maintains a number of legal, ethical, and contractual obligations to network users and hbar purchasers. You will assist the Chief Compliance Officer and collaborate with other departments to implement controls and produce reports that uphold the integrity of the Hedera Council and the network as a whole.
- Onboard new counterparties, e.g., new Council Members, hbar purchasers, and permissioned node hosts. Verify the identity of each counterparty through machine or human processes and conduct due diligence on each counterparty. Field and request periodic information updates from counterparties. Conduct ongoing controls on counterparties.
- Operate the acceptable use enforcement policy and procedures. Field red flags from Hedera staff or the community. Conduct initial investigation of red flags and escalate when appropriate. Collaborate with the Legal Department to field, investigate, and respond to law enforcement requests.
- Implement and manage market integrity controls. Communicate and enforce employee transaction embargoes consistent with company policy. Conduct periodic surveys to ensure organizational transparency. Collaborate with the Finance Department to ensure timely and accurate monthly treasury management and other market data reporting.
We are open to a wide range of candidates for this position, including those that may need to grow into the role. However, we expect you to meet at least a portion of the following qualifications. In your cover letter, please briefly state what qualifications you meet and which ones you are seeking to improve on. As an addendum to your cover letter, also include any additional materials you believe demonstrate your writing or organizational skills, such as an analytical or policy/procedural writing sample less than five pages, an excel spreadsheet or database, or even just screenshots of your carefully curated email folder structure. Please take this as an opportunity to demonstrate something you are proud of rather than your substantive fit for the role.
- Authorization to work in the United States and fluency in English required. BA/BS degree or international equivalent required while advanced degree/certifications, e.g., CAMS, CFE, are optional but beneficial.
- 2-3+ years of relevant work experience within the financial services, law enforcement, digital asset and/or management consulting space focusing on financial crime and/or compliance. Understanding and knowledge of regulatory expectations and industry standards in relation to AML/BSA/Sanctions regulations.
- Comfort in a technology-forward company and facility with computer and web-based applications, including Microsoft Office and Google Workspace, case management systems, and web-based databases. Intermediate-level expertise in Microsoft Excel. Familiarity with blockchain tracing/analytics tools such as Chainalysis or TRM Labs.
- Substantial writing skills and ability to articulate effectively to senior management. Adaptability to an ever-changing environment and the capability to articulate thorough analysis to stakeholders.