Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Support plays a critical role in achieving our vision. Our team is dedicated to educating, helping, and supporting our global user base through a variety of different mediums of customer service — our help center, email, phone, and social support channels to name a few.
A little about us: we are a global, cross-functional, collaborative and empathetic team dedicated to the user experience and understanding of our product. This position will report to the lead content strategist.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage and write educational content for Coinbase Japan customers.
- Create help center articles, product related educational content, and email content, specific to the Japanese market.
- Create a style guide for Japan user demographic and help develop overall tone, guide, and strategic communications guidelines.
- Focus on making complex and technical topics simple and approachable for the Japanese language market.
- Facilitate the translation process with a translation vendor.
- Responsible for managing Japan content launch calendar.
- Uphold a high level of content quality specific to the Japanese market.
- Help oversee the content auditing process of translated and new content.
- Acting as the channel to surface customer trends and voice to HQ.
What we look for in you:
- Must speak, read, and write Japanese fluently with professional proficiency.
- Has deep understanding and knowledge of Japanese culture and consumer markets to be able to write for this audience.
- Experience writing and publishing content for a large consumer audience.
- Minimum of 3-4 years of content writing with at least 1-2 years support content writing.
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability.
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment.
Nice to haves:
- Experience writing for different channels of support, including voice, e-mail, social and/or chat.
- Experience working with content management systems, support ticketing systems, and JIRA.
- Experience with translation processes and localization programs.
- Knowledge of the crypto industry.
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.