Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we’re growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent. Let’s change the way the world thinks about money! Join the revolution!
Cryptowatch is the top trading terminal for crypto assets. The team operates as an independent business unit within Kraken, with the mandate to provide sophisticated tools for all types of traders in the crypto world. The platform connects to all the top exchanges in crypto to feed real-time market data and price charts to thousands of traders around the clock, with unique tools to help traders analyze the market and make trades quickly and easily no matter which exchange(s) they choose to trade on. Our team is looking for entrepreneurial dreamers and doers – we truly believe our success depends on having both in spades. Join us and the movement to change the way the world thinks about money.
About the Role
This role is remote
The Content Marketing Manager on the Cryptowatch team will be responsible for creating content about trading, finance, and crypto that engages an audience of smart traders who utilize interfaces and APIs to monitor markets and execute trading strategies. This person will work closely with Product, Marketing, and Business Operations to learn about our audience and produce content that cements the legitimacy of the Cryptowatch brand and platform in that audience’s eyes. This role will focus primarily on writing content for organic traffic generation, with a keen eye for SEO-inspired strategies and an intuitive understanding of the hot topics in crypto/trading/finance at the moment.
You will play a major role in the growth of Cryptowatch as the epicenter of the crypto trading world. In addition to creating content, you will need to deftly distribute that content across multiple channels with a voice that fits our “brandless” persona. You will move seamlessly between strategy and execution rapidly with the goal of educating traders on market trends, trading strategies, and use cases for Cryptowatch with the ultimate goal of compounding the growth of quality traffic to the platform.
Success in this role requires a strong grasp of trading fundamentals and the crypto markets, a love for producing content, and an ability to spot subjects that matter to our audience. We work remotely, so strong self-management skills are a must. At Kraken, you will have an opportunity to grow a one-of-a-kind product in a fascinating intersection of finance and technology with a truly global team.
- Understand and carry the modest, direct, and low-profile branding of Cryptowatch through every interaction we have with customers; work with Product to ensure that voice and tone are consistent in all communications.
- Create instructional content to help clients understand why they should use Cryptowatch and how they can leverage it most effectively.
- Produce long form, deep analysis on the crypto markets in the right tone for the brand, and launch cross-channel campaigns to promote that content.
- Generate content ideas using search engine and social media research, as well as your own knowledge of the trading and crypto spaces.
- Build partnerships with key brands and influencers in the trading and crypto spaces to get Cryptowatch in front of as many potential clients as possible.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar content marketing, user acquisition, digital marketing, affiliate marketing or social media management role.
- 2+ years of experience actively trading (monitoring the markets and making informed trades at least once a week), either with a firm or on your own.
- Proven experience leveraging content to increase revenue, without paid spend.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful – come to the table with ideas, inform them with research, publish the ones that fit with the brand, and promote the ones that perform well for the bottom line.
- Experience working with data visualization and web analytics tools like Grafana and MixPanel, as well as automation tools like Zapier, Reddit bots, Buffer, etc a plus.