Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy, and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we assess whether a candidate demonstrates our values: Clear Communication, Positive Energy, Efficient Execution, and Continuous Learning. Second, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Customer Experience plays a critical role in achieving that vision. Our team is dedicated to educating, helping, and supporting our global user base through a variety of different mediums of customer service — our help center, email, phone, and social support channels to name a few.
A little about us: we are a cross-functional, collaborative and empathetic team dedicated to the user experience and understanding of our product. This position will report to the Global Content Strategy Manager.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Write and maintain educational content for a variety of Coinbase customers
- Focus on making complex and technical topics simple and approachable for all audiences, with a special gift for turning complex and technical topics into comprehensible content
- Create help center articles, product related content, and email content
- Have a keen attention to detail and an understanding for the Coinbase user
- Work directly in our content management system to implement content requests from other teams and serve as gatekeeper for Support channels
- Bring a creative & strategic eye to writing content, balancing business goals and priorities with great customer experience
- Engage with high level content strategic projects like content mapping, audits, and content optimization/A/B testing
- Work closely with our Operations, Legal, Compliance, and Support teams
- Set metrics and data to inform and validate the messaging
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree, English major
- Experience with customer education or drafting support content is a must
- Minimum of 4-5 years of content writing with at least 1-2 years customer experience content writing
- Experience working with content management systems, support ticketing systems, and JIRA is a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with ever-changing priorities
- Reputation for integrity, dedicated work ethic, and desire for ownership & accountability
- Prior experience working in a high growth environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience writing for different channels of support, including voice, e-mail, social and/or chat.
- Previous experience in content strategy and building content strategy systems, engaging in content audits and user journey mapping
- Self driven and able to create copy confidently with little to no mistakes, asking the right questions to drive effective content
- Familiar with cryptocurrency and blockchain
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to review all of our job postings to minimize biased language. Coinbase does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.
Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants