The Corporate Communications Director will be responsible for raising Bifinex’s profile as the Home of Digital Asset Trading and one of the oldest and best established crypto trading platforms, offering a full suite of assets and trading tools for the retail, professional and institutional traders. He or she will also promote the agenda and the positioning of Bitfinex Securities, Bitfinex Pay and its partnerships with other providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering a strategic corporate communications agenda that is fully integrated with the Bitfinex marketing strategy, and supports Bitfinex’s key business priorities and initiatives.
He or she will also be responsible for leading all issues management, engagement with traditional and digital media, executive visibility and supporting employee and client communications and events.
We seek to hire a senior corporate communications professional with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in either crypto, financial services, banking, fintech, retail or technology. The successful candidate will have both in-house and agency experience, as well as experience leading teams, managing integrated marketing communications programs, and hands-on experience managing communications in a market where regulation is evolving. We are looking for a professional who is an outstanding writer, has a digital-first mindset, is experienced in advising C-level executives and understands how to operate within a high performing team.
Currently looking for:
Corporate Communications Director (Remote)
- Lead Bitfinex’s Corporate Communications globally. Raise Bitfinex’s profile as a leader and innovator in crypto and blockchain. Keep pace with fast moving developments and advise and execute Bitfinex positioning to ensure the brand remains part of the conversation.
- Develop a global strategic communications plan that is designed to support our business and is aligned to the company’s marketing priorities.
- Partner with marketing and other external-facing parts of the business, to ensure there is a consistent narrative across product, geographies and audiences.
- Lead our reputation and crisis management strategies to ensure that the Bitfinex position is well-understood, differentiated and clear,
- Assess and advise on our participation in industry initiatives.
- Develop and execute executive visibility programs that incorporate speaking engagements, paid and owned media engagements, as well as visibility in digital channels
- Implement and maintain a robust measurement program, including media and social media measurement, and generate quarterly reports
- Bachelor’s degree; Minimum 10 years public relations and communications experience.
- Motivated team player who actively seeks challenging projects and proactively shares experiences and knowledge towards the team’s goals.
- Good understanding of multichannel communications and how users interact with each channel
- Expertise developing corporate communications plans aligning internal, external and stakeholder communications against business priorities
- Track record of successfully managing communications during times of crisis and has experience counseling executives in crisis situations. Attention to detail is critical.
- Experience building integrated marketing communications programs, and driving outcomes across traditional media, digital and social channels
- Work closely with the marketing manager and social media strategist to enhance and maintain the company’s social media presence
- Skilled at using social media, digital content creation to advance business priorities and amplify the corporate narrative
- Outstanding media relations skills and relationships, with experience engaging reporters on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate information effectively and accurately, verbally or in writing across multiple disciplines. Can synthesize large amounts of data and distill key points clearly, succinctly and quickly.
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
- Self-starter. Able to work independently as needed.
- Capable of achieving results in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, often on short deadlines.
- Knowledge of the cryptocurrency industry and trading would be an advantage but not necessary