We’re SwissBorg, a fintech startup headquartered in Switzerland.
Our flagship product, the SwissBorg app, offers over 250,000+ users the best price and liquidity across 15 fiat and 12 cryptos, as well as giving them the opportunity to earn passive income with our new Smart Yield account. And the community is growing fast, with over $1 billion in assets under management, weekly volume of over 250 million, and over 4,000 Premium users.
But that’s just the start in our mission to democratise wealth management by building products that allow individuals to manage their crypto assets at a touch of a finger. Whether you’re in Andorra or Zimbabwe, and whether your portfolio is worth one dollar or a million, SwissBorg gives you the best tools to learn about digital currencies and manage your wealth.
And this is where you come in…
As the first Corporate Infrastructure Security Engineer on our SRE team (Site Reliability Engineer), you’ll play a critical role in developing and maintaining our security infrastructure. We depend on a small but highly skilled SRE team to keep the foundation safe and stable for our developers to build on. This means having stable systems, automation and the necessary tooling and preparation to respond to possible issues.
The Engineering team at SwissBorg operates with a strong DevOps culture, meaning you will be working collaboratively with development teams to ensure projects are efficiently developed, integrated and deployed. We believe a healthy work-life balance within our teams will enable everyone to do their best work. However, due to the mission-critical nature of this role, there is a real possibility of 3am emergency call if we experience an unexpected outage. As a team, we will do everything to avoid such a situation from happening and plan accordingly the work.
Please note this is a fully remote role for a candidate who can be based anywhere in European timezone.
What you might be doing:
- Help SwissBorg take a BeyondCorp approach first to securing the enterprise network and its hosts, understanding that our growing population of global users is always traveling and using different networks
- Assess corporate infrastructure security incidents and partner with engineering teams for investigations
- Influence, create and implement an overall roadmap to ensure security, scalability, monitoring and management of enterprise assets and infrastructure
- Establish with the CTO a strategy for ensuring the security of the system in a hyper-growth environment.
- Roll out a modern set of protections for enterprise hosts and networks and create auditable processes to address risks
- Support Security & Perform reviews of enterprise access and be ready to wow auditors with your control set and its effectiveness in interviews with them during IT compliance audits
- Diagnose and troubleshoot security issues, including participating in an on-call rotation and available for on-call support as needed.
What you might bring:
- 3+ years of experience in a DevOps, IT/Security, or SecEng role in a cutting-edge SaaS environment.
- Proficiency across most OS: Linux (must), macOS, Windows, Android, iOS
- Security Experience: Firewall/VPN, Intrusion Detection System (network and host), Data Loss Prevention, Identity Access Management
- Strong knowledge of security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, and web server / database security
- Hands-on experience configuring applications and cloud infrastructure. Competence with security testing tools and procedures
- Python or Golang skills, or a strong desire to improve your coding ability, infrastructure-as-code, GitOps, CI/CD
- High level of autonomy, discipline, and willingness to learn
- Experience with AWS, Kubernetes
- Ability to work collaboratively with a cross-cultural team
- Ability to express your ideas clearly, mostly written, and defend them if need be
- Curiosity and interest in fintech and the cryptocurrency space is a plus
Why you should apply:
– Freedom to build up the company that you’ve dreamed of
– Learn with (cool) experts in finance, engineering, AI, psychology and business
– CHSB bonus based on our meritocratic system
– We’ll provide you with a Macbook and a cutting edge tech stack to help you do your best work
– Flexible work hours
– Annual team retreats with colleagues around the world.
– Continuous learning and development opportunities
Oh and are you planning on having a kid? That’s great! We have a bunch of those: you’ll get time off to enjoy that (other) adventure!
At SwissBorg, we embrace diversity. We strongly believe that getting to the best outcomes requires different perspectives and backgrounds. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.