Xapo is a fast-growing, global Fintech company with a mission to build a safe and global way to use money. We’re a fully distributed team, with 250+ Xapiens working from 50+ countries.
We’re seeking a proactive problem-solver to join us as Country Manager – Eastern Asia at Xapo. This full-time position is planned to be remote, meaning you can work from anywhere in Eastern Asia!
BALANCE FOR BETTER
At Xapo, we embrace our differences and actively foster an inclusive environment where we all can thrive. We’re a flexible, family-friendly environment, and we recognize that everyone has commitments outside of work. We have a goal of reaching gender parity. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, including women and minorities. Diversity is not a tagline at Xapo; it is our foundation.
We hire great people – and in exchange, we offer autonomy, flexibility, meaningful work, a collaborative team environment, and top tier compensation. Do the best work of your career at Xapo – and still have the time to enjoy all of life’s special moments!
We’re seeking a proactive problem-solver to join us as Country Manager – Eastern Asia at Xapo.
Reporting to the Head of Global Service Delivery, the Country Manager – Eastern Asia will play a critical role in defining and implementing strategic partnerships that will enable Xapo to launch its services in multiple countries in Eastern Asia. This is a very challenging position that directly impacts our expansion in the region and requires a hybrid profile that balances between Business Development and Project Management.
The ideal candidate will have a great understanding of the fintech/banking landscape, outstanding communication skills and strong experience in managing and delivering short/mid-term projects in strict deadlines.
Curiosity, passion for data and attention to detail are key to succeed in this position.
As a Country Manager – Eastern Asia you will be responsible for identifying and securing the best partners for Xapo in Easter Asia and also masterminding the integration with them. Ensuring the implementation remains on time and on budget is key. Service Delivery Leads are focused on high alignment between key stakeholders across multiple departments both internally and externally.
It is expected that the Country Manager prepare accurate and detailed action plans, as well as efficient communication messages to achieve such alignment. In addition, they are expected to prepare and present progress reports and ensure their projects are meeting Xapo goals at all times.
- Responsible for leading and further developing the regional business strategies of Xapo.
- Managing full lifecycle product development strategy, including research, segmentation, product launch, brand building, portfolio management, direction and implementation.
- Identify and evaluate new partnership opportunities in each country in the ASEAN region.
- Define and track in accordance with local partners the implementation scope, goals, deliverables and action plan.
- Developing strategic alliances, sales of high complexity services, new market and new client prospecting, and executive-level relationships.
- Manage communication and expectations with stakeholders (on both XAPO and local partner level).
- Ensure cross-domain alignment.
- Present progress reports, including problems and solutions to meet implementation success criteria.
- Evaluate and assess results of country implementation (hard post mortem).
- Proven 10+ years of experience in Business Development within the Banking/Payments industry.
- Solid knowledge of the market landscape.
- Effective sales and presentation skills.
- Proven project management experience with technology rolls outs, implementations or big interoperability projects between two companies.
- Previous experience using JIRA as project management tool.
- Excellent negotiation, problem-solving and analytical skills, with impeccable business judgment.
- Strong communication and prioritization skills with attention to details.
- Entrepreneurial mindset – willing to do many different things, move fast, have a high degree of ownership and good judgment.
- Potential to run a team.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area.
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications.
- Alignment with Our Values.
WHY WORK FOR XAPO?
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Own Your Success: Receive attractive remuneration, enjoy an autonomous work culture and flexible hours, apply your expertise to meaningful work every day.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team.
At Xapo, we’re building a way for users all over the world to send, receive, spend, and store their money globally and safely. We’re firm believers that no matter who you are or where you’re from, you deserve easy access to digital financial services.
Launched in 2014 by Wences Casares (CEO) & Federico Murrone (COO), Xapo has made an unparalleled investment in security infrastructure, assembled a renowned advisory board, and raised $40M from top venture capital firms in Silicon Valley & the world.
Xapo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives is critical to our success as a global company. A diverse, inclusive workplace enables us to create products that best serve our customers all around the world. It is the foundation of Xapo.