Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization’s priorities.
The project & role
We are an interdisciplinary team working on brand projects within the Status ecosystem. We focus on rigid and experimental design systems. These systems or experiments could include but are not limited to web design, brand guidelines, brand identities, physical/digital product design and prototyping, UX/UI design, NFT projects, and game design.
We are looking for a creative developer to work alongside our designers to build out the future vision of Status.
- Develop an understanding of our philosophy and ideology
- Understand the structure of Status
- Help articulate and design the rebranding of Status
- Prototype multiple web designs
- Help build out online brand guidelines / components (Storybook)
- Help build out the identity and websites for our products
You ideally will have (3-5 qualities/skills)
- 5 years of experience working as a frontend developer
- Experience with design systems
- Confident understanding of browser and device limitations and how to circumvent them
- Understands semantic HTML5 and CSS
- MySQL / PHP / Python
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with WebGL
- Experience with VR
- Experience with Smart Contracts
- Experience with Accessibility
- Knowledge of front-end design patterns
- Affinity for privacy and security, crypto
- Understanding of DeFi and familiarity with DeFi protocols and principles
- Strong understanding of Ethereum
- Understanding of digital brand guidelines and systems (Storybook)
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role. Just explain to us why in your cover letter].
To be paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens. More info on SNT here here: https://status.im/snt-utility/ For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Pepper from our People Ops team
- Interview with Ned from the Brand Design team
- Interview with Carl or Jarrad our Co-founders
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for the new Creative Technologist (you?) to join us as soon as possible.
Get to know us
Find out about the Status team here: https://status.im/