Today, Cash App has thousands of employees working globally across office and remote locations, with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and we’ve got offices and remote teammates across the globe. Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Cash App operates. No matter the location, we tailor our experience to ensure our employees are creative, productive, and happy.
Check out our locations, benefits, and more at cash.app/careers to learn more!
The Cash App Operations team is responsible for building and managing a scalable operating environment for a fast growing mobile payment app with multiple, external partners and internal, cross-functional stakeholders. You are a seasoned leader with a deep interest and passion for Bitcoin who has a history of impact in high performing operational teams. You will help expand our existing Bitcoin product line into a portfolio of crypto-based services. You will support the management of our bitcoin business in multiple critical areas including liquidity management, trading, and custody / cold storage. In addition you will be responsible for helping to identify and remediate operational issues in multiple areas as well as managing key external partners, participating in cross-functional projects and supporting product development. In addition:
- Support the bitcoin business on a day-to-day basis ensuring faster and more efficient operations including critical functions: trading, custody / cold storage and partnerships
- Optimize strategic Bitcoin partnerships for the Cash App through detailed and proactive partner-management, working with partners to define, iterate, stabilize and enable new initiatives and features.
- Manage custody / cold storage while mitigating security and financial risks.
- Drive financial performance of our rapidly scaling bitcoin business, which includes forging new revenue lines
- Collaborate with partners —both internal and external — to improve points of failures, resolve partner issues, document all critical processes and drive accountability / performance in line with commercials
- Collaborate across cross functional constituents including the Cash App engineering, design, product, finance, legal, compliance, customer support, data science and risk operations
- Leverage and analyze multiple sources of data to inform business decision making and optimizations
- Drive operational efficiency with measurable outcomes
- 10+ years of payments, operations and/or partner management experience, preferably in a fast moving technology or financial services company. Entrepreneurial drive is key.
- 3-5+ years of Bitcoin knowledge or experience is a strong plus
- Solid understanding of the financial services industry and its current evolution
- Experience with developing a rapidly scaling business and related operation
- Experience with trading operations & asset custody
- Deep analytical skills that can drive the development of reporting, tools and other business processes to smooth operations and enable analysis of nascent industry movements
- Utilizing influence to drive outcomes with internal & external stakeholders.
- Experience with developing new revenue streams and negotiating commercial agreements
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square’s purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.