Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the world?
Duties you will be expected to perform:
- Provide technical advice and investigative/analytical support for complex and highly sensitive investigations pertaining to illicit use of cryptocurrencies.
- Thoroughly analyze customer account data, on-chain and off-chain transactions, account characteristics, and other information in order to assess the nature of the activity and identify related entities as necessary.
- Identify trends in abnormal or malicious activity and have the ability to map out networks of bad actors.
- Thoroughly document research, to include steps taken, information gathered and the conclusions drawn.
- Liaise with other teams to assist and provide and/or gather information.
- Based on analyses, provide feedback to relevant departments to enhance the company’s security framework.
Traits we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including an ability to think outside the box.
- The ability to think critically and consider all possibilities, especially in the context of an investigation.
- A high level of passion and commitment to the company and work being performed.
- Fully functional and tuned moral compass, with a high degree of integrity.
- Highly motivated and able to work effectively both in a team and independently, as needed, with minimal supervision.
- Professional and sound judgment.
- Solid security awareness.
Skills that will be pertinent for the position:
- Extensive experience with blockchain analytics, either using existing tools or manually tracing funds effectively using relevant block explorers.
- Comprehensive understanding of the cryptocurrency flows typically associated with DeFi applications.
- Excellent research and writing skills; able to communicate findings clearly and concisely.
- Great attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
Skills that are preferred, but not necessarily required:
- Prior experience using SQL and / or Python (or similar) for data analysis.
- Proficiency in Solidity, or other languages used for Ethereum and similar blockchains (strong enough to write and / or audit complex smart contracts).
- Experience researching and analyzing cyber-crime, especially if financial in nature, and familiarity with cybercriminal organizations and tactics.
Working at Binance
- Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and the no.1 company in the industry
- Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
- International work environment and flat organisation
- Great career development opportunities in a growing company
- Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours, Casual work attire