Kraken is changing the world. Join the revolution!
Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. Founded in 2011 and with over 4 million clients, Kraken is one of the world’s largest, most successful bitcoin exchanges and we are growing faster than ever. Our range of successful products are playing an important role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We attract people who constantly push themselves to think differently and chart exciting new paths in a rapidly growing industry. Kraken is a diverse group of dreamers and doers who see value in being radically transparent.
In our first decade Kraken has risen to become one of the best and most respected crypto exchanges in the world. We are changing the way the world thinks about money and finance. The crypto industry is experiencing unprecedented growth and Kraken is leading the charge. We’ve grown from 70 Krakenites in January 2017 to over 1800 today and we have no intention of slowing down.
About the Role
Kraken is looking for a Social Media Manager to lead Cryptowatch’s social media growth, owning execution across all channels, engaging existing and potential customers through timely, dynamic, interactive, and engaging social content.
You will design social media content and develop social relations to grow product awareness, acquire new customers, and drive traffic/conversion. This role involves working in a dynamic, fast-paced and feedback-driven environment to solve complex business problems where you will be given the opportunity to add value from day one.
- Execute and optimize social media strategy across all Cryptowatch social channels.
- Determine new social media channel opportunities and test for effectiveness
- Oversee social research, planning, calendaring, creative development, publishing, moderation, and reporting.
- Understand historical narratives in the crypto space and observe current industry events.
- Monitor crypto and traditional finance markets to identify engagement opportunities.
- Further develop the Cryptowatch voice to engage the advanced trader audience.
- Curate, write, schedule, and interact with social media posts for Cryptowatch.
- Interface with and support Growth, Product, Intelligence, and Comms teams.
- Maintain social media tracking, data presentation, and perform optimizations.
- Experiment with ideas to boost audience engagement and promote Cryptowatch.
- Identify target audience and develop tactics to engage existing clients and acquire new Cryptowatch clients.
- 2-4 years of hands-on social media marketing and community management experience
- You intimately understand trading terminology and culture.
- You live and breathe on social – understanding how the crypto markets work and how to integrate crypto trends into content seamlessly.
- Ability to transform highly technical crypto and trading terminologies into concise social media copy.
- Expert at best practices for the top social media platforms – with a curiosity for understanding new social platforms and tools.
- Proficiency in social media publishing, listening and measurement tools.
- You have a passion for data and can quickly assess market movements to generate content that’s on brand, on point, and sometimes, on the fly.
- You are a storyteller with an eye for detail, and mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for copy, images, and video across social platforms.
- Words matter and you pride yourself on your writing and stylistic sensibility. You have a quick wit and the industry knowledge to develop brand recognition in the space.
- You’re mission-driven and naturally member obsessed. You lead with empathy, and make it a mission to use social media as a means to educate, motivate, and build a community.
- You’re motivated, resourceful, agile, and can thrive independently or collaboratively.
Nice to have
- Basic knowledge of link creation for social tracking and attribution
- Experience with Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design tools
- A deep understanding of crypto trading, terminologies, and analysis.
- A personal interest in Bitcoin and crypto forums or groups.
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.