Empower the Individual Through Crypto
Gemini is a crypto exchange and custodian that allows customers to buy, sell, store, and earn more than 30 cryptocurrencies like bitcoin, bitcoin cash, ether, litecoin, and Zcash. Gemini is a New York trust company that is subject to the capital reserve requirements, cybersecurity requirements, and banking compliance standards set forth by the New York State Department of Financial Services and the New York Banking Law. Gemini was founded in 2014 by twin brothers Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss to empower the individual through crypto.
Crypto is about giving you greater choice, independence, and opportunity. We are here to help you on your journey. We build crypto products that are simple, elegant, and secure. Whether you are an individual or an institution, we want to help you buy, sell, and store your bitcoin and cryptocurrency. Crypto is not just a technology, it’s a movement.
Location: NY, SF, or Seattle
The Department: Marketing
We believe that the world should know and love Gemini. In Marketing, we spend our days analyzing the market, crafting the Gemini story, and telling it to the people who need to hear it. This team sits between our product and the market, and is a key growth driver for every aspect of the organization. We have a holistic philosophy that combines research, data, brand marketing, acquisition and retention tactics, PR, and all aspects of customer-facing interaction.
The Role: Lead, Customer Marketing
Gemini is seeking a talented Customer Marketing Lead to be an integral part of the lifecycle marketing program, specifically focused on our retail products including Gemini Exchange, Gemini Credit Card, and Nifty Gateway. The ideal candidate has experience in email marketing including establishing automated trigger-based campaigns, developing an impactful content calendar for customer segments, partnering with cross-functional teams to launch campaigns, and knowledge of crypto. This position will play a role in the success of retention and cross-sell efforts, and support our loyal customer base.
Success in this role requires a strong bias for action, a desire to find ways to improve our customer experience and build things from the ground up, and an interest in learning about the dynamic world of crypto and NFTs at a high growth startup.
- Reshape our customer marketing program for Gemini: You’ll help redefine what types of email journeys customers should receive, and shape the program for impact and scale.
- Nurture customer relationships: You’ll identify and nurture customer segments and execute strategic marketing opportunities for Gemini customers, including cross-selling to other products.
- Collaborate cross-functionally: Work with Product, Communications, and Design on the execution of automated campaigns, product announcements, and educational content.
- Using data to drive decisions: Track email marketing results, sharing key insights and making recommendations for improvement including variant testing.
- 5+ years experience in marketing with a focus on email marketing
- Strong understanding of email marketing platforms including Braze
- Experience developing journey based campaigns
- Ability to stay organized and on top of tactical execution
- Exemplifies high standards via attention to detail and organization
- Passion for cryptocurrency & NFTs
- Bachelor’s degree
It Pays to Work Here
- Competitive starting salary
- A discretionary annual bonus
- Long-term incentive in the form of a new hire equity grant
- Comprehensive health plans
- 401K with company matching
- Annual Learning & Development stipend
- Paid Parental Leave
- Flexible time off
Salary Range: In compliance with the New York City Pay Transparency Law, the base salary range for this role is between $122,000 – $170,000 in New York City. This range is not inclusive of our discretionary bonus or equity package. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider a number of factors including skillset, experience, job scope, and current market data.
At Gemini, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Gemini is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.