At Coinbase, our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web3 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
The Coinbase Customer Experience (CX) organization plays an imperative role in achieving our mission. Our team is dedicated to eliminating customer challenges, empowering our global user base via self-service and automation, and optimizing customer support interactions to build an effortless experience. As a Data Analyst on our team, you will help drive business impact through data. You’ll have the opportunity to transform data into valuable business insights and help shape our strategy to deliver maximum impact to our customers, while also heavily influencing strategy, planning, and execution.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Improve customer experiences by developing bar raising metrics, self-service tools, and deep analyses that drive actionable insights
- Collaborate with stakeholders to manage a long-term analytic roadmap that balances the tactical and strategic needs of the business
- Proactively identify opportunity areas for improvement including deep dive investigations and processes to better serve our customers
- Drive the vision, building, and adoption of self-service analytic capabilities; develop these capabilities at scale
- Understand data resources and know when, how, and which best to use for each project
- Ability to frame and break down complex business problems into key components and recommend practical solutions
- Monitor key performance metrics and use data to identify actionable opportunities to increase efficiency and make high-quality decisions that drive performance improvements
- Build a collaborative team environment that fosters efficient execution, innovation, and continuous improvement
- Develop and support the analytical technologies that give our team timely, flexible, and structured access to their data
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced SQL and data modeling skills, Python experience a plus
- Proficient using at least one data visualization product (Looker, Tableau, QuickSight, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, including experience meeting with and communicating information to senior leadership
- Highly collaborative, with an ability to optimally secure inputs from many cross-functional partner teams
- Ability to think strategically, formulate appropriate analytical solutions, and execute in order to solve business needs
Nice to haves:
- Report automation experience (e.g. using Python, R)
- Knowledge of AWS services and cloud computing
- Experience with descriptive and inferential statistics
- Experience with financial industry regulations
- Experience with customer support metrics/data