The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
As a Data Center Services (DCS) Engineer, you will be a critical enabler of our vision. You build and support our on-prem private cloud as well as our Managed DFINITY Data Centers.
- Partner with DCS’s Team Lead and DFINITY’s team members to design, implement and operationalize and optimize services in support of our Data Centers. Assist with the planning, installation, configuration, optimization, operation, and ongoing maintenance of the computers and global data centers.
- Oversee systems performance, the monitoring of equipment and the management of vendor relationships
- Continually monitor and assess utilization for capacity planning and process improvement. Ensure that processes are well-documented, sustainable and scalable
- Implements and monitors practices to ensure consistency with policies, compliance regulations, Service Level Agreements, and control requirements
- Participate in the analysis, selection and modification of enterprise system and application software
- Installation of network hardware/software and database management
- Provide direction and solutions to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems
- Ensure infrastructure architecture standards maximize efficiency and support platform compatibility
- Coordinate delivery of services to user groups and ensure Data Center Services are uninterrupted.
Background and Skills:
- Demonstrable knowledge of open source and commercial virtualized infrastructure and required instrumentation and orchestration
- Considerable knowledge of network-based systems operations and maintenance, including a good understanding of protocols and tools necessary for effective resolution of maintenance requests and tracking operational processes
- Expert experience with technologies such as: Cloudstack, openstack, kvm, kubernetes, terraform, ELK, zabbix
- Extensive experience in building, operating and performing capacity planning for global data centers
- In-depth knowledge of the following: data center facilities management, backbone networks, server farms, large-scale storage area networks (SAN) and data center provisioning
- Strong technical and programming skills required to manage distributed Unix/Linux environments
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with people from different disciplines and degrees of technical experience
25% travel may be required
Base Salary Range: $125,000 – $205,000/yr
This position can be considered across multiple levels. Total compensation at DFINITY consists of base salary + bonus and is determined based on multiple factors including job leveling, areas of expertise, educational background, geographic location and overall experience.
In addition to the cash components of our offers, we have generous benefits including top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance; disability insurance; life insurance; 401(k); flexible PTO policy; and 13 paid holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.