Pagoda is shepherding a future where NEAR becomes the blockchain operating system. We believe that re-inventing how software is made and distributed is our greatest opportunity to open economic access to those who are not fully integrated into the global economy. Our products empower people to find opportunity, invent new experiences, and collaborate. Let’s build an Open Web world. A world where people control their assets, data, and power of governance.
About The Role
The Pagoda Data Platform team is looking for a Data Engineer to build and scale our data infrastructure to empower our core products and product analytics.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Architect and manage data lakes and data marts needed to provide product analytics insights to product teams and executives (BigQuery, DataBricks);
- Create and manage data pipelines for both on-chain (NEAR) and off-chain (OLTP databases, http logs, UI analytics) data;
- Automate data quality monitoring and alerting tools;
- Optimize time to insight and work with Data Scientists to create data marts for various data products;
- Collaborate with internal and external engineers and product managers.
What We’re Looking For
- Experience building and managing data lakes aggregating dozens of data sources and providing insights to multiple different stakeholders based on terabytes of data;
- Experience in GCP and/or AWS data infrastructure products;
- Fluency in writing complex analytical SQL queries;
- Strong communication and remote friendly working skills;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or related field is a must.
We’d Love If You Have
- Deep understanding of DataBricks and BigQuery technologies;
- Knowledge of product analytics tools such as Segment, FullStory, MixPanel or Amplitude;
- Familiarity with crypto or blockchain technologies;
- Experience working at a startup.
Here’s What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (2 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
**This role is a 6 month contract with an opportunity for full time conversion depending on performance and business needs. Contractors will not receive any of the full time benefits shown below.
Pay Rate: $12,395/month – $14,583/month, which represents the cash payment range per month applicable to US locations only.
The actual pay rate within the range is dependent upon many factors, including: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, we there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks
- Flexible Annual Leave / PTO with an encouraged 20 day per year minimum
- Paid Holiday Week: the last week of the year
- Paid Wellness Week: the first week of July
- $2,000 Yearly Continued Education Reimbursement
- $2,000 Home Office Setup Reimbursement
- Co-working Space Reimbursement
- Company Retreats (2023 in Spain!) & Team Offsites
- Mental Health Support and access to licensed therapists through Spill, 100% paid by Pagoda
Our Values at Pagoda
Our values express our company culture. Learn more on our careers page.
Pagoda is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.