Blockchain is the world’s leading software platform for digital assets. Founded in 2011, we provide the largest production blockchain platform in the world, powering more than 40 million non-custodial wallets. We share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist to join our fast-growing team. The data science team at Blockchain focuses on three major areas of work: (1) customer analytics, focused on understanding our customers and improving our products accordingly, (2) blockchain analytics, focused on gaining business and market insights from the analysis of the public blockchain, and (3) market analytics, focused on supporting our trading products and developing a deeper understanding of the crypto markets. The successful candidate will work in one of the different areas depending on the business needs and on-going projects, with the possibility of moving from one to the other.
You love data and enjoy using them to solve real-world problems. You are naturally curious and eager to learn. You have an analytical mind, proactively identify issues, and enjoy tackling them and coming up with solutions. You are a team player who enjoys collaborating with others, but is also capable of working independently. You don’t shy away from interacting with people from different backgrounds and are able to communicate data science ideas effectively.
What you will do:
- Apply your expertise in quantitative methods, data mining, and data visualization to extract insights that can inform our product strategy
- Make sure we collect the right data to produce relevant business insights. Ingest new data sources, create and maintain new aggregated views and tables in our internal data lake to simplify data querying and generally improve our data infrastructure
- Work together with the product and/or market teams to identify the key metrics to measure the different aspects of the business. Create and maintain dashboards to visualize those metrics and track KPIs
- Research and build predictive models, releasing them in production and monitoring their performance
What you will need:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in STEM subjects (Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Economics)
- Experience programming in Python and knowledge of the PyData stack (e.g. Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, MatPlotLib, Scikit-learn) for data science/machine learning
- Understanding of fundamentals of probability and statistics
- Experience in SQL
- Familiarity with machine learning algorithms (e.g: linear regression, logistic regression, random forest, k-means, etc..)
- Attention to detail
- Commercial mind and ability to put numbers into business perspective
Nice to have:
- Experience with Crypto
- At least 1 year of commercial experience in related role
- Previous experience in quantitative research or customer analytics
- Experience deploying and maintaining data pipelines
- Experience with Git
Compensation and perks:
- Amazing and accessible office locations in the heart of London
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Apple equipment.
- Catered team lunch every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company
- Benefits: Private Medical Insurance (BUPA), Dental, Pension, Life, Short Term & Long Term Disability.
- CV/Resume or Linkedin profile
- Link to Github, StacOverflow, personal website and/or blog (if applicable).
- Favourite GIF