Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for “The People”) encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
We are searching for a DeFi Lead to create our DeFi liquidity strategy and to work closely with partners to expand the DeFi ecosystem across the Aptos network. You will be responsible for scoping potential partners across DeFi while building deep relationships at the executive level, forming and executing our DeFi strategy, building internal business cases, negotiating complex partnerships, and working cross functionally with key internal stakeholders to further our mission. You will also analyze current trends in DeFi, shortlist protocols that you believe would make a good addition to the ecosystem, and then actively work on onboarding these protocols by making the right connections and driving these relationships end-to-end.
What you’ll be doing:
- Serve as the business lead for a new open and decentralized financial landscape
- Develop the strategy for go to market, work closely with the executive team on establishing KPIs and OKRs
- Source, conduct due diligence, and execute high-value strategic partnerships with start-ups and projects that are considering developing on Aptos with a specific focus on DeFi
- Work with cross functional team internally including engineering, product, legal, marketing to operationalize relevant projects and partners
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the ecosystem
- Work closely with the Aptos engineering team to ensure any technical issues from the ecosystem are resolved in a timely manner
- Define and lead new initiatives within the ecosystem team to expand the reach of Aptos
What we’re looking for:
- 3-5 years of experience working in partnerships, business development, or similar roles at a high-growth technology company with at least two years of deep DeFi experience
- Experience in and strong market knowledge of crypto and DeFi required
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including creating and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering with technical teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience developing and closing partner opportunities globally
- A deep and relevant network including industry leaders and executives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as this role requires frequent communication to members of our team and commercial partners
- Strong DegenScore
The base salary range for this full-time position is $171k-$217k. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and typical maximum target for new hire salaries for the position of a candidate based in the Bay Area at any level. We do hire exceptionally talented professionals with decades of experience in their field. As such, our range may be higher than what is displayed. Our base salary ranges are determined by experience and location, and we hire at all levels for multiple roles. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, job-related skills demonstrated during the interviews, working experience, and relevant education or training. Please note that the compensation details listed in role postings reflect the base salary only and do not include equity, tokens, or benefits.
- 100% insurance premium coverage for medical, dental, and vision for you and your dependents (US Employees)
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible vacation time, 11 holidays, and floating company days off
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
- 401k matching (US Employees)
- Fun and inclusive in-person and digital events
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace, and we’re proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.