We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener – because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
In this role, you will be connecting with web3 developers all around the world, and introducing them to our developer products and services. You’ll also maintain meaningful relationships with developers and project teams not only to support them, but also to keep them informed on the latest updates from our team.
What you’ll be doing (i.e., job duties):
- Serve as the primary point of contact and relationship manager for our global community of web3 developers.
- Ensure developers have the best possible experience working with Coinbase, and that they feel supported at all times (especially when they need help).
- Proactively reach out to project teams to engage and inspire them to join Coinbase developer communities; respond to questions and inquiries from developers, and help them solve problems directly or by connecting them with internal subject matter experts.
- Forge strong relationships with developers so that they know what’s going on at Coinbase, and that Coinbase knows what’s going on with the projects they’re working on. Introduce project teams to Coinbase developer tools, events and product announcements.
- Understand and empathize with developer pain points, and come up with ways we can help improve developer productivity and satisfaction. Prepare and share reports on learnings from engaging with developers and communities. Provide key inputs that help construct voice-of-the-developer programs.
- Keep a pulse on existing and emerging web3 projects and the teams building them. Synthesize and share your findings along with recommendations on ways our Developer Relations programs can improve.
What we look for in you (i.e., job requirements):
- 5+ years in sales/business development, account management, customer support, client success, sales engineering or similar roles requiring relationship building and management. Strong client service mindset.
- 3+ years in fast-paced software or technology companies with a consistent track record of exceeding goals.
- Strong understanding of sales enablement levers and strategies.
- Strong interest in web3 and decentralized applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; great listener with the ability to concisely synthesize complex issues.
- Proven excellence in making informed judgements based on research and metrics, and setting priorities in ambiguous situations.
- Problem solving in unstructured situations; ability to drive challenging and vague problems to clarity and resolution.
- Translate and simplify complex information effectively across the organization.
- Work both independently and in cross-functional, matrixed team structures.
- Basic understanding of crypto and blockchains.
- Basic understanding of software development.
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado is either $105,400 or $127,075* + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).