NEAR Protocol is a developer-first blockchain that emphasizes convenience and speed of development on the NEAR platform while minimizing the entrance barrier for developers coming from the blockchain ecosystem, as well as regular web and mobile development space.
We are looking for a talented, meticulous, and productive person who loves working in an energetic and free-thinking environment, feels comfortable challenging opinions, and most importantly who shares with us the same desire to make the web free again.
We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply. NEAR is committed to creating an inclusive culture, and we celebrate diversity of all kinds.
About The Role:
Are you a strong developer who loves writing, speaking and teaching other developers about the technology while taking a meaningful role in shaping the experience they have with the platform itself?
As a developer evangelist, your mission is to educate and engage early adopters and the broader developer community about the NEAR platform by telling a compelling story and backing it up with practical examples. That means doing whatever it takes to bring them into our developer community and keep them actively and happily building within it while learning from their experiences.
Practically speaking, this means that you will wear a lot of hats. As the core protocol is developed, you will be a key interface with the early adopter community to make sure they will have a great experience on the platform when it is released. You’ll need to build developer tools, write demos/tutorials and otherwise do pretty much whatever it takes to ensure developers have a great experience onboarding to and using the platform.
Going forward, you will be a visible presence representing NEAR in communities around the world by working directly with our events and community teams. This means everything from speaking to hosting workshops to supporting developers at events. You are the voice of the community to our internal team as well, helping to inform the development and education roadmaps.
This is a role that will allow you to build real software and also take a public-facing role representing the platform to developer communities. It is one part engineering, one part community and one part education with a sprinkle of marketing and PR.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Build demos, SDKs and implementations to help bring early customers onto the platform.
- Work with the team to produce the technical tools and educational materials necessary to create an amazing developer experience.
- Represent NEAR as the technical voice at major events and conferences, including speaking and supporting the platform development.
What We’re Looking For:
- Ideally you’ll have 4+ years in software engineering at top companies.
- Ideally you’ll have 2+ years in evangelism, education or other public-facing technical roles.
- Experience working with blockchain technologies (eg DApp development).
- A strong track record of speaking, presenting and teaching highly technical topics.
- A clear passion for both creating software and engaging live communities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field is a must
Locations:Anywhere in the world
Working at NEAR:Roles are posted to this portal on behalf of the companies that make up the NEAR Collective and are typically located anywhere in the world because most of the companies are fully remote. Some hubs are located in Switzerland, Germany, Russia, the US and China. Regardless of where you work, this is a high performance culture that values ownership, execution and professionalism but pairs it with curiosity and experimentation. The vision is big but the right team is behind it.