Validators are critical to Celo, as they form the foundational layer for the Celo network and enable the applications built on the platform to run reliably and securely. In this role, you will own the relationship with validators as well as full node and attestation node operators, including many of Celo’s Alliance for Prosperity partners.
- Own the relationship with validators and full node operators
- Develop and implement strategies to grow the Celo technical community
- Work with the Celo Foundation to inform voting and grant programs
- Represent the community externally and internally, and guide protocol and product roadmaps based on your insights
- Write clear documentation and compelling tutorials
- Provide support to validators, node operators, and Celo Alliance members
- Develop and deliver articles, presentations, and videos that resonate with the community
- Design and implement the Celo open-source developer experience
- Drive and participate in developer workshops and other external events
- Encourage and celebrate diversity in the communities you build
- Work closely with the cLabs product, engineering and experience teams
- 3+ years of experience working as a software engineer or engineering-focused developer advocate
- Ability to distill complex concepts into easy to understand explanations
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Deep understanding of open-source development and communities
- A strong desire to help community members succeed
- Intuition for what makes a good developer experience
- Published technical articles and/or given technical presentations
- Bonus: Passion for cryptocurrency/blockchain and decentralized technology
- Bonus: Experience with proof-of-stake networks or validator/miner communities
- Bonus: A second language
cLabs (“Celo Labs”) started Celo in 2018 and is one of many contributors to the open source project Celo. cLabs builds financial technology to enable prosperity of all beings.
cLabs is a Teal organization, a method of decentralized management and organizational governance. Roles are defined around the work, not people, and there is a high degree of autonomy. As such, we’re all proud to hold the job title of “Partner.” For more information on our culture, we encourage you to check out our blog at https://medium.com/celohq/the-future-is-teal-cc264a5d51d3.
To build technology and products that are used and loved by people and solve real-world problems, we need to build a team with many different perspectives and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)celo.org. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.