Please note, all positions at the Cardano Foundation require relevant experience. Applications without required experience will not be considered.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a skilled DevOps Engineer to join our growing team. As DevOps Engineer at the Cardano Foundation you will plan and implement operational IT projects across the organisation with a focus on technical integration projects with 3rd parties.
The ideal candidate has comprehensive knowledge of the blockchain space and current developments, as well as an aptitude for thinking outside the box with great interpersonal skills.
We are looking for a strong critical thinker and organiser that proposes and implements projects to support the development of the Cardano ecosystem. The role holder will also be responsible for supporting community and 3rd party questions on any technical matters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the delivery of technical integrations with 3rd parties.
- Support the build, deployment, and configuration management for multi-tier applications.
- Support developers, exchanges and other third parties in implementing as well as maintaining tools and libraries from the ecosystem.
- Develop tools in multiple languages for exchanges and stake pools.
- Participate in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure.
- Support Cardano teams and community members to write software that is simple and flexible to configure and deploy.
- Build capabilities to allow community developers to be self-sufficient with multiple platforms.
- Improve and maintain tooling and scripts for automation purposes.
- Ensure technology standards and best practices are maintained across the organisation.
- Develop project plans, facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables.
- Collate and present reports to stakeholders highlighting progress, risks, problems and solutions.
- Contribute to the Foundation’s public Github repositories.
Requirements and what we look for in you:
- STEM University degree – your foundation is science and you have the formal training to speak that language.
- 2+ years as a developer – you handle code, repositories, and reviews like the best of them.
- Blockchain passion – you listen to podcasts, watch videos, attend meetups, in a nutshell you eat, breath and love blockchain.
- Able to work productively and independently in a decentralised team.
- Basic knowledge of Nix, NixOS, NixOps and Hydra.
- Scripting and programming skills with the ability to develop custom tool integrations.
- Experience using version control with git.
- Experience maintaining bug tracking, code review, coverage analysis, agile tracking, and testing tools.
- Experience with continuous integration tools.
- Experience administering application servers, containers, and web servers.
- Some experience with unit testing and automated testing tools.
- Experience with AWS, Google Compute, or other cloud provider is essential.
- Experience with software development methods such as Agile and Test-Driven Development.
- Proficient English language and communication skills.
- A strong interest for, or knowledge of, statically-typed functional programming languages such as Haskell, Scala, or Purescript.
- Proven years of experience in Build and Release engineering, Linux operational excellence and automation.
- Proven experience supporting developers and maintaining open-source tools and libraries.
- You will be someone who works well on your own and with a team.
- You value cooperation and collaboration above all, and are not afraid to ask for clarification or help when needed.
- You are kind and respectful of others’ opinions and you are open and act with integrity when engaging in academic or technical discussions.
Nice to have:
- Experience using all the tools within the nix ecosystem including: Nix, NixOS, NixOps, Hydra.
- Experience with multiple software configuration management and deployment tools.
- Blockchain expertise – you understand and can articulate complex blockchain concepts like DeFi, Staking, UTXO model, DAOs. You know most of the major chains and their differences.
- Experience with the Cardano ecosystem e.g. having run an ITN stake pool.
Work at the Cardano Foundation
Cardano Foundation is striving towards a blockchain-enabled better future based on inclusiveness and transparency. Our ambition is to build a blockchain-complete era’s global financial and social operating system. We can only achieve our goal with the best talent! We are attracting high-performing individuals who think outside the box and will take us to new heights. If you are up for unlocking opportunities and create value with relevant experience, we would love to hear from you.