The Internet Computer is the fastest and only infinitely scalable general-purpose blockchain — incubated and launched by the DFINITY Foundation in May 2021. A team of over 200 world-renowned cryptographers, distributed systems engineers, and programming language experts have taken on the massive technological challenge of building, maintaining, and continuously improving a ‘world computer’ powerful enough to host Web3 dApps, DeFi, games, NFTs, social media, and metaverse projects.
DFINITY was founded in 2016 by entrepreneur and crypto theoretician, Dominic Williams, and attracted interest and financial contributions from early members of the Ethereum community. Later, top-tier institutions such as Andreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, and SV Angel backed the Internet Computer in a collective effort to help build out Web3.
The DFINITY Foundation is looking to bring an experienced Digital Marketing Manager on board to assist in the continued growth, maintenance, and expansion of various website properties as well as build and scale email marketing efforts and ad campaigns across traditional properties. In addition, this role will be expected to support a variety of digital marketing activities across channels as well as on-the-ground activations, events, partnerships, and guerilla marketing.
The ideal candidate is able to be proactive and strategic, while understanding that at times you have to roll up your sleeves. Building out scalable processes, based on analytics and testing is a must, while balancing the ever-changing landscape that is Web3. The Foundation is looking for a marketer who has worked with new technologies, and enabling user adoption across various segments (developers, general audience, etc.,). Having experience in Web3 is not a must, but having an affinity and understanding of the various use-cases of blockchain technology is important. This role should be able to operate with autonomy to improve existing processes, as well as help bring in ideas for, and execute new projects for the comms / marketing org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of a variety of website properties such as https://dfinity.org/showcase, https://dfinity.org/media, https://dfinity.org/roadmap, https://dfinity.org/howitworks, etc.,
- Active management and creation of email marketing campaigns for a variety of segments (developers, ecosystem partners, enthusiasts, etc.,).
- Experience with a variety of ad networks and how to properly set up and execute campaigns (e.g. Google Ads, Twitter Ads, Facebook Ads)
- Interfacing with the community of developers and end-users to provide insight into future campaigns and messaging
- Participating in industry events with on-the-ground support
- Measuring, testing, and improving existing website content
- Creating scalable processes for the Foundation’s continued website development and expansion
- 5+ years of experience in digital, growth, product marketing or similar
- Understanding of all major digital marketing channels and experience setting up campaigns
- Ability to track and report analytics on a variety of campaigns
- Familiarity with email marketing tools
The following skills are a “plus”:
- Experience with blockchain technology
- Ability to create use-case documents / white papers
- Experience with Partner Marketing
- User Experience
- Experience with Photoshop, Figma, Adobe Premiere and/or similar design software
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.