NEAR is looking to strengthen our team with a hands-on Director of Business Operations who can contribute with strong domain expertise excelling in a startup environment.
This is a unique role to support our teams as we embrace our principles of decentralization. We’re building our team to support new teams and entities that are dedicated to growing the NEAR ecosystem. As the Director of Business Operations at NEAR, your role is both breadth-first and depth-first. You’ll be essentially taking over as much of that responsibility as you can handle and as fast as you can learn.
This role will be based in the United States and work remotely.
- Support the development of a hyper-growth global blockchain company
- Steward the budget process, including forecasting hiring needs, to ensure local teams are positioned to deliver to the ecosystem
- Maintaining the operations structure
- Interfacing with Finance, PeopleOps, Legal, to ensure high-performing operation of NEAR.us and other US-based entities
- Liaising with crypto infrastructure and service providers
- Put in place efficient and scalable processes to take the project to the next level
- Provide leadership to cross-functional teams to drive business outcomes and increase efficiency
- Implement and manage strategies to reduce risk
- Consult projects building on NEAR with financial and operational matters
- Exceptional intelligence and breadth of business knowledge and high EQ
- 7+ years of experience growing a successful company
- Outstanding business judgment, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Stellar attention to detail and process orientation
- Demonstrated passion for the blockchain/crypto space
- Experience in a rapidly scaling startup environment/ thrive amidst rapid change
- MBA preferred
- ECOSYSTEM-FIRST: always put the health and success of the ecosystem above any individual’s interest.
- OPENNESS: operate transparently and consistently share knowledge to build open communities.
- PRAGMATISM OVER PERFECTION: find the right solution not the ideal solution and beat dogmatism by openly considering all ideas.
- MAKE IT FEEL SIMPLE: strive to make the complex feel simple so the technology is accessible to all.
- GROW CONSTANTLY: learn, improve and fail productively so the project and community are always becoming more effective.
NEAR’s purpose is to enable community-driven innovation to benefit people around the world and its mission is to drive the adoption of Open Technologies. The NEAR platform provides a decentralized application platform that is secure enough to manage high-value assets like money or identity and performant enough to make them useful for everyday people, putting the power of Open Finance and the Open Web in their hands.