Bitpanda simplifies wealth creation. Founded in 2014 in Vienna, Austria by Eric Demuth, Paul Klanschek and Christian Trummer, Bitpanda exists to help people trust themselves enough to build financial freedom for their future. Our user-friendly, trade-everything platform empowers both first-time investors and seasoned experts to invest in the cryptocurrencies, crypto indices, stocks, precious metals and commodities they want — all possible with any sized budget, 24/7. With more than 700 team members and steadily approaching 4 million customers, our company is one of Europe’s most successful fintechs.
Headquartered in Austria but operating across all of Europe, our products are built by fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who represent more than 50 nationalities. If you’re someone who thinks big, moves fast and wants to make an impact right from day one, then get ready to join our industry-changing team. Let’s go!
As the Director of Communications, your focus will be to build Bitpanda’s reputation and position the company as a fintech thought leader in the field of investment. You will report into the VP of Growth and you will own the company’s global communications strategy. You will be leading multiple teams, including product PR, corporate communications, public affairs and Social Media
What you’ll do
- Build, own and implement Bitpanda’s global communications strategy across product PR, corporate communications, Social Media, public affairs.
- Develop, lead and mentor the global communications team and the distributed teams in each market;
- Create and implement strategic communication plans and report performance to C-Level on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis, highlighting opportunities or trends for continuous improvement;
- Support multiple executives with all communication needs, including executive messages, presentations, attendance to events, speaking arrangements;
- Find, tell, and share great stories. Identify new communication angles and contribute innovative ideas on reaching our users through earned media and multiple communication channels;
Who you are
- 7+ years experience and a strong track record of excellence in the field of communications and public relations in a fast-paced B2C tech or trading company;
- Experience in building and leading effective comms teams at scale in multiple markets;
- Exquisite copywriting, editing, presentation, and public speaking skills;
- Thoughtful, collaborative leadership with strong communication and relationship skills and the ability to influence others;
- Fast-paced, resilient and open to change in a rapidly growing global business that requires creativity, fast learning and out of the box thinking. The Ability to think strategically across the short, medium and long term, while obsessing over the details
What’s in it for you
- Flexibility-first approach to work* including:
- Unlimited fully-paid annual leave
- Recharge Breaks
- 20 weeks gender-neutral New Parent Leave
- Hybrid Working*:
- 50/50 home/office for office hub locations
- 60 days Work From Anywhere* following the 80/20 Rule
- €500 Work from Home budget
- An attractive individual stock option plan* in a high growth company, and a competitive salary
- Exclusive premiums when trading on Bitpanda
- Occasional company-wide and team events — both in-person and virtually!
- Learning & development opportunities
- Top-notch “tech pack” – your choice between PC or Mac
- Bitpanda merch to keep you swagged out and living the Bitpanda brand
- A global Bitpanda team of fast-moving, talented, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen” kind of people who are united (across cultures and time zones) by our unique way of working
*These benefits do not apply for our internships and exceptions to our Hybrid Working policy apply to teams with shift schedules or for folks whose roles require them to be in office (think: Workplaces team or IT).
And, above all, the opportunity to learn & grow as part of Bitpanda’s incredible journey towards being Europe’s future #1 investment platform.
Bitpanda is committed to fostering a fair and equal environment based on trust and mutual respect. We believe that a diverse and inclusive workplace is paramount to our success and we are committed to building a team that represents a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.